Would you use this?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I know we have talked about this before but I can't remember what every said about it. If it were between this head supportor a headhugger what would you use (if one didn't come with the seat)? and why?
pTRU1-3416042reg.jpg
or
pTRU1-2882949reg.jpg

ADS

lovinwaves

The one on the right "NO", the one of the left "NO" :p

Just use some rolled up blankets on each side of the head.

If someone *had* to use one I would pick the one on the left.

When the head rebounds in an accident is my concern :(

Last edited:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The one on the right "NO", the one of the left "NO" :p

Just used some rolled up blankets on each side of the head.

If someone *had* to use one I would pick the one on the left.

When the head rebounds in an accident is my concern :(

What about if you un-attached them?

LuvBug

but why not just a blanket which is already owned and so you wouldnt have to spend any more money? lol!

Id say if they were unattached then yes, because they wouldnt be much different than some other options recommended. I have some of those AWFUL pads you are suppose to put on the straps and they are like 2" thick and keep the baby's head up. I use them for DS but I just dont attach them to anything... so he is laying against loose padding. They were given to me, otherwise I wouldnt have bothered. I have used beanie babies just as easily lol!!

natysr

For an infant, I would only use what came with the seat. And, I would only buy a seat that had one that came with the seat.

For a toddler or young child, I would feel okay using a toddler neck pillow. We have one that my mom bought for Jordan. It does not interfere with the harness.

142238384-S-1.jpg

(the blue around the mouth is not from candy or lack of breathing...he licked a page of the crayola color explosion paper that is black...we no longer have it in the car)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I wouldn't use them.

I would be afraid of them slipping in an accident and interfering with the head rebound. Maybe I am being too conservative.:eek:

lovinwaves

It's not the "interferring with the harness" that concerns me, it's when the head rebounds back. The seat was not tested with a big poofy thing to be where the head goes. So imagine the child's head going forward in the event of an accident and then slamming back into the seat, but the head can't move properly because of this aftermarket headrest possibly being in the way. IMO, that could cause damage to the neck, back, etc...

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The reason I asked between these two products is because it isn't for me and is for someone else who I know will want something other then a rolled up receiving blanket :rolleyes: I can only say so much but if she isn't going to listen to what I say I would like to have an alterative.

cpsaddict

In my experience, the one on the right can cause a false impression of where the straps are fitting. It tends to pull them up, making them seem higher. With my niece, the straps looked tight, but then when she moved, the were loose, because the headroll was moving the straps up. The one of the left might work if it's not attached. Otherwise, I would worry about those enormous things drowning a newborn, KWIM? :D

Melizerd

IF they are going to buy one of them no matter what I vote for the one on the left.

I understand what you mean about only doing so much. Sometimes its the lesser of the evils.

Melizerd

(the blue around the mouth is not from candy or lack of breathing...he licked a page of the crayola color explosion paper that is black...we no longer have it in the car)

LOL that really did make me laugh. At least Crayola isn't toxic.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I like the one on the left with the little teddy bear... it's 'just like' a blanket, and won't slip down and push the head up like that rainbow roll can (as soon as the kid lifts their head, it slips down, kid goes to put head back down, they can't because that roll is under it...so dumb...).

I wouldn't worry about rebound, there's no real substance to that kind of padding, it will collapse as if it's not there under the weight of a head (I worry about padding between the baby and the harness. padding under the baby or next to the baby simply isn't a safety issue, otherwise evenflo wouldn't be sticking king sized pillows in all their seats, lol... just kidding, but have you SEEN some of those evenflo seatpads? sheesh)

I know we have talked about this before but I can't remember what every said about it. If it were between this head supportor a headhugger what would you use (if one didn't come with the seat)? and why?
pTRU1-3416042reg.jpg
or
pTRU1-2882949reg.jpg

babychild taxi

Hi-I have the one on the left. I have found a way to insert it without it interfering with the harness. I use it in my Radian and thread it through the read strap, velcro connecting together. I'll have to figure out how to post pics...

K.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC