$69 ~Good price on CDN SR???

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I am looking for a infant seat for my SIL and found a SR with rear adjust, in Cinder pattern at SuperStore for $69. Is this a good price :confused: When I was at Walmart in the city they had them (different pattern) for $99 :rolleyes: I also noticed that our SuperStore's baby and clothes section was almost bare . . . that is why I even noticed the 1 SR sitting in the box on the shelf.

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It's a great price IF it hasn't been sitting around for years and years AND if it'll be used properly (many people don't tighten rear-adjusters as well as front-adjusters).. and assuming it's a 5-point...

-N.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
It's a great price IF it hasn't been sitting around for years and years AND if it'll be used properly (many people don't tighten rear-adjusters as well as front-adjusters).. and assuming it's a 5-point...

-N.

Yes it is a 5pt and it's DOM is 2006/10/06 so October isn't that bad. It is a 22lbs, 29" seat. Heck, it is better then the expired, 3pt Century infant seat they would use!

I just took it out of the box and noticed that the handle is really stiff :( I had this problem with my SR when ds was a baby and it never got better and I did end up sending it back and Graco found a problem with it. I could take this back to the store but it was the last one and we really can't afford anything more expensive for them. That is why I bought it, so really it came down to this SR or a 5pt cosco Arriva and I personally would perfer the SR. I guess I will keep my eye out to see if they get anymore in and if they do maybe i'll exchange it.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
This is what it looks like
itm-img18643CDR.jpg

And at Sears.ca it is twice as much :eek:

arly1983

I am not canadian!!!

However, I had two used seats that were "gifted" to me. One was an eddie bauer five point (cosco something) and an evenflo portabout. I also recieved a new graco travel system as a present.

My snugride was a rear-adjust (as were the other two) and to me the graco was the best to use. JMPO. I never really had a problem with keeping the straps tight, though there were a pain to rethread.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You're not going to find a better price in Canada without going to a new arriva. Wal-mart sells the new 5pts for that price I believe. I think I'd rather a snugride than a 5pt arriva though. The DOM isn't bad for that price. My parents extra foods (rural superstore's name basically,) has an old 3pt snugride DOM 2005 and it's reduced to either $69 or $79 - don't remember which for sure now. That blew me away - so seeing as your DOM is newer and it's a 5pt, I think it's an awesome deal.

Better than what they're using, and you can just impress on them the importance of using the adjuster properly and hopefully they'll get it. (I find the idea of baby flying out of the car seat causes most parents to improve the harness tightness. :whistle: )

Jewels

Senior Community Member
So if the handle is sticking, would you call Graco to replace it or should I just let my SIL deal with that?

The baby isn't due until November and they will not be getting the box or the warrenty card or anything like that because they have been known to return things like a beautiful brand new stroller as a gift and go out and buy one at a garage sale. For me this is not an option to have the baby in an expired/garage sale carseat . . . they will be using this seat.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
So if the handle is sticking, would you call Graco to replace it or should I just let my SIL deal with that?

The baby isn't due until November and they will not be getting the box or the warrenty card or anything like that because they have been known to return things like a beautiful brand new stroller as a gift and go out and buy one at a garage sale. For me this is not an option to have the baby in an expired/garage sale carseat . . . they will be using this seat.

If you think the handle is going to be an issue, then I would deal with it right now with Graco before you give them the seat... it sounds like they might not do anything to fix it and if it becomes an issue for them, they may just go back to using the 3pt seat.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
If you think the handle is going to be an issue, then I would deal with it right now with Graco before you give them the seat... it sounds like they might not do anything to fix it and if it becomes an issue for them, they may just go back to using the 3pt seat.

Thanks Jen, these were my thoughts. I was going to call you about this but lost your # :eek: I had memorized it when we were meeting but now i've drawn a blank!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Jen your great! Thanks, I thought that was what it was but I didn't want to leave a message at the wrong number again ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC