Does anyone know

amelia222

...what seat this is?

My 'carseat' in 1986

388808_10150550741131508_713196507_11046251_365638700_n.jpg

Sorry for the quality, it's a picture of a 25 year old picture

ADS

rachandsoph

Not sure of brand, but it reminds me of the buckets the hospitals gave out, they had a vinyl brown cover. Your seat looks like someone put a cover on it.

mom of six

Century Infant Love Seat with an aftermarket cover.

Here is a link to another thread with a picture of this car seat. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=33022

It was originally made by GM as early as the 1970's but by the mid 80's it was manufactured by Century. I was born in 1972 and my parents owned one but apparently it was purchased at a yard safe after I was born as they were hoping for more children. It was a white shell with a blue nylon pad that just sat in the seat. In fact my mom had the pad in upside down so it looked like the straps should go around the waist rather than over the shoulders. I remember investigating it one afternoon when I was about five (I've been car seat crazy for decades:D) and coming to the conclusion that the straps were meant to go over a baby's shoulders.

Last edited:

lg's gma

CPS Technician
We bought the GM version of that seat for our first son who was born in 1977. I remember putting some sticky velcro on the back of the vinyl pad to hold it in place because it was awful about sliding down in the seat. BUT it was the best seat available at the time. I distinctly remember the nurses at the hospital being extremely disapproving when I insisted on putting my son in the seat to go home, instead of holding him on my lap like a "normal" mother would.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC