Question What do you do with a car seat after a car crash?

Bansheefaerie

Our True Fit was in my mom's car. She was is a bad accident and the car is totaled. She will be okay and none of my kids were with her. What I'm wondering is does the insurance company take the old seat or do I end up with a useless seat? If so, what do I do with it?

ADS

momtotwogirls

Some insurance company's do take it then issue payment for a new one(at fault insurance) or have you buy a new seat then bring them the reciept and crashed seat and then give you payment, call and ask them. If they dont you could maybe find the safekids branch by you and they would know how to destroy it(keep your cover if you want).

Bansheefaerie

They are taking the car and the car seat. I'm glad I told my dad to include the seat in the report. They had no idea the seat was a total loss.

Pixels

Before they take the seat, cut the harness out and write on the shell in Sharpie "Damaged do not use."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC