Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    bassie

Honda odessey 2005 3 carseats

I all. I have 3 cars eats and am having trouble finding the best combo.

I have a britax regent for my 4.5 year old. He weighs around that 40 lb mark.

I have a marathon or the two year old.

The infant is in a graco safe seat. He is 9 months so we will probably need to switch him out in not too long.

I am having trouble with the regent. I am not sure what is the most ideal place. Also the rear bench only has a tether in the center which seems to obstruct things.

Advice?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Honda odessey 2005 3 carseats

Is the 2 year old rear facing or forward facing? If he's rear facing, I would put the two youngest in the outboard seating positions in the 3rd row. You can set them/have them climb into their seats, and then sit in the middle seat to get them buckled. Then put the 4 y/o in the captian's chair. You can even remove the other captain's chair to make it even easier to access the 3rd row if you don't need to have that extra seat available.

If the 2 year old is forward facing (which it's best if he can stay rear facing as long as possible, until he reaches the max weight or height of his seat) I would probably put the 2 year old and the baby in the captain's chairs, you'll be able to climb in and out on the side of the forward facer, and then put the Regent in the center in the 3rd row.

Do you need advice on a new seat to add to the mix when your youngest is ready to move out of the infant seat? If you could provide weight and height for the younger two, we can give some advice there.

Also, make sure you're installing the Regent with the seat belt and not LATCH - Honda has a 40 pound weight limit for the LATCH sytem.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

Senior Community Member thepote's Avatar

When I called them a couple years ago, Britax and Honda had ok'd the use of Britax's 'versa-tether' top tether in the 3rd row passenger position of the 2005 Odyssey because it meets the off-center angle requirement. The info was proposed for the 2011 version of the LATCH manual. I don't know if it ever went in, but that may open up another option for the Regent.

Here is the thread it was discussed in: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=114432

Quote Originally Posted by thepote View Post
    When I called them a couple years ago, Britax and Honda had ok'd the use of Britax's 'versa-tether' top tether in the 3rd row passenger position of the 2005 Odyssey because it meets the off-center angle requirement. The info was proposed for the 2011 version of the LATCH manual. I don't know if it ever went in, but that may open up another option for the Regent.

Here is the thread it was discussed in: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=114432
    Agreed - I have a Honda CRV that only has tethers for the outboard positions and Britax said it's fine to put a FF seat in the center and tether it to the outboard anchor (provided there is not an outboard seat already using that anchor, of course). And no worry about the degree of angle measurement or anything.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.