Question Honda odessey 2005 3 carseats

B

bassie

I all. I have 3 cars eats and am having trouble finding the best combo.

I have a britax regent for my 4.5 year old. He weighs around that 40 lb mark.

I have a marathon or the two year old.

The infant is in a graco safe seat. He is 9 months so we will probably need to switch him out in not too long.

I am having trouble with the regent. I am not sure what is the most ideal place. Also the rear bench only has a tether in the center which seems to obstruct things.

Advice?

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Is the 2 year old rear facing or forward facing? If he's rear facing, I would put the two youngest in the outboard seating positions in the 3rd row. You can set them/have them climb into their seats, and then sit in the middle seat to get them buckled. Then put the 4 y/o in the captian's chair. You can even remove the other captain's chair to make it even easier to access the 3rd row if you don't need to have that extra seat available.

If the 2 year old is forward facing (which it's best if he can stay rear facing as long as possible, until he reaches the max weight or height of his seat) I would probably put the 2 year old and the baby in the captain's chairs, you'll be able to climb in and out on the side of the forward facer, and then put the Regent in the center in the 3rd row.

Do you need advice on a new seat to add to the mix when your youngest is ready to move out of the infant seat? If you could provide weight and height for the younger two, we can give some advice there.

Also, make sure you're installing the Regent with the seat belt and not LATCH - Honda has a 40 pound weight limit for the LATCH sytem.

thepote

When I called them a couple years ago, Britax and Honda had ok'd the use of Britax's 'versa-tether' top tether in the 3rd row passenger position of the 2005 Odyssey because it meets the off-center angle requirement. The info was proposed for the 2011 version of the LATCH manual. I don't know if it ever went in, but that may open up another option for the Regent.

Here is the thread it was discussed in: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=114432

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
When I called them a couple years ago, Britax and Honda had ok'd the use of Britax's 'versa-tether' top tether in the 3rd row passenger position of the 2005 Odyssey because it meets the off-center angle requirement. The info was proposed for the 2011 version of the LATCH manual. I don't know if it ever went in, but that may open up another option for the Regent.

Here is the thread it was discussed in: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=114432

Agreed - I have a Honda CRV that only has tethers for the outboard positions and Britax said it's fine to put a FF seat in the center and tether it to the outboard anchor (provided there is not an outboard seat already using that anchor, of course). And no worry about the degree of angle measurement or anything.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC