Front to back size of First Years Via vs. Chicco Keyfit

Angela

Which one is shorter front to back? I know the Keyfit won't fit behind Dh's seat in his car, but was wondering if the Via would.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Angela said:
Which one is shorter front to back? I know the Keyfit won't fit behind Dh's seat in his car, but was wondering if the Via would.

Still lying in bed, but I can measure the Via when I get up in a bit. I don't have a measurement for the KeyFit, but murphydog77 has that measurement in her Aton review, I believe.

If I had to guess, my money would definitely be on the KeyFit being smaller. The Via is NOT a small seat.

You want measurement with base, right?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, I can't measure with the base because DH has the vehicle it's in. Without the base, I measure about 27".

Heather got 27.5 for the KeyFit, and that was with the base. The Via sits relatively flush against the seatback when installed with the base, but I wouldn't be surprised if it adds another half-inch.

So you're likely looking at the same measurement.

Heather got 25.25" on the Aton, so that might be a better bet.

To be honest, there are only two things I like more on the Via than the Aton: 1) The Via has a better canopy (which isn't saying much--the one on the Aton really does suck) and 2) Much easier to tighten the harness WHILE the seat is installed in the base. Not a big deal if you typically take the seat in/out.

Angela

Thanks! Exactly what I needed to know. So if I really want an infant seat for his car, I should probably look at the Aton. The plan is to get a Coccoro for it and we have an Orbit for mine. I was considering the Aton because of the price on Amazon right now. Thanks again!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC