Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

My NBD Cybex X-fit "New, Damaged Box" arrived....

and included a manual for a Clek Oobr (or whatever the harnessed seat is called.)

Um. The upper part of the booster was in a plastic bag. There was a big piece of packing paper stuffed in the top. The seat part was not in plastic. Tags were attached to the top part. So it doesn't look like that part was used. The base, looks fine, save not being wrapped. There is a place where an address label sized thing was torn off, but on the side and not where the usually put address labels. The box has some markings on it, and a few tiny tears, nothing terrible.

What is the proper thing to do?

FYI, it was listed at $80.99. Coupon code took off $16.20. Plus shipping and tax it was $77.12. DOM 4/2010.
    THX
    CPST and Mom to:
    DS 12/05 {60# and 55.5"}
    DD 6/08 {56# and 51.5"} in an Incognito

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Are you not wanting to keep it? Or you are asking if it's safe to use?

If the tags are attached and the sests shows no signs of wear or use I would have no problem using it.
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Re: My NBD Cybex X-fit "New, Damaged Box" arrived....

I don't know what to tell you about your NBD seat, although I believe as long as it wasn't an "as is" seat you can return it if you're uncomfortable with using the seat.

I'm surprised that you got a manual for a harnessed Clek seat, though. Clek doesn't have a harnessed seat out yet; it's not going to be released until the spring.
    ~Danielle
    RNC-MNN, BSN
    CPST, SN Trained

Senior Community Member rxmommy's Avatar

If it was listed as new and it's not NBD will take it back. Sounds to me like it's fine to use though.

Clek doesn't sell a harnessed seat yet.....
    Annie, mommy to...
    Olivia 8/04, Evelyn 3/06, angel #3 10/08,
    Sophia 1/10 and
    Isaac 6/11/12

I meant the Clek high back booster. They have one HBB and a few LBBs, right? And the Foonf is coming soon. But it's clearly at least open box. New, Damaged box should mean unopened, correct? Or do they 'inspect' them?

Yes, wondering if it's safe to use.
    CPST and Mom to:
    DS 12/05 {60# and 55.5"}

New, damaged box should be unopened. It should have been listed open box. I would use it. You can try calling their CS to see if they will knock another 10% off for it not being as described.
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

This is the description from the NBD website:

"New, Box Damage
    Items given this condition code are new inside the original manufacturer’s packaging; however, the box itself is a bit tattered and worn. These boxes are opened to verify that the item inside is still fully intact suggesting full functionality of a brand new product. The boxes are then resealed for shipment. All parts/accessories provided by the manufacturer will be included."

I'd call and see if they give you a discount.

I just called because I ordered a new - damaged box SGL and it came without the manual. It doesn't at all look used and was in the wrapping, but with no manual or registration card. They gave me $15 back on my purchase! I only paid $65 to begin with, so $50 for a Livia SGL w/ DOM 8/11 works for me!

I feel fine using it after fully inspecting it and it doesn't look used at all.

I called and they said I could return it or get a $15 refund. I took the refund. She said I can still return it if I change my mind. I'll take the covers off and inspect it really well.

On a side note, DH was asking, "What did this one cost?" When I told him he said, "That's it?" Yes, DH, boosters are really cheap compared to harnessed seats

And also, I had forgotten I ordered it so when it showed up I was all 'Happy Hanukkah to me...now I have something to open and play with tonight.'
    CPST and Mom to:
    DS 12/05 {60# and 55.5"}