My NBD Cybex X-fit "New, Damaged Box" arrived....

Lemonade

and included a manual for a Clek Oobr (or whatever the harnessed seat is called.)

Um. The upper part of the booster was in a plastic bag. There was a big piece of packing paper stuffed in the top. The seat part was not in plastic. Tags were attached to the top part. So it doesn't look like that part was used. The base, looks fine, save not being wrapped. There is a place where an address label sized thing was torn off, but on the side and not where the usually put address labels. The box has some markings on it, and a few tiny tears, nothing terrible.

What is the proper thing to do?

FYI, it was listed at $80.99. Coupon code took off $16.20. Plus shipping and tax it was $77.12. DOM 4/2010.
THX

ADS

hrice

Are you not wanting to keep it? Or you are asking if it's safe to use?

If the tags are attached and the sests shows no signs of wear or use I would have no problem using it.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't know what to tell you about your NBD seat, although I believe as long as it wasn't an "as is" seat you can return it if you're uncomfortable with using the seat.

I'm surprised that you got a manual for a harnessed Clek seat, though. Clek doesn't have a harnessed seat out yet; it's not going to be released until the spring.

rxmommy

If it was listed as new and it's not NBD will take it back. Sounds to me like it's fine to use though.

Clek doesn't sell a harnessed seat yet.....

Lemonade

I meant the Clek high back booster. They have one HBB and a few LBBs, right? And the Foonf is coming soon. But it's clearly at least open box. New, Damaged box should mean unopened, correct? Or do they 'inspect' them?

Yes, wondering if it's safe to use.

hrice

New, damaged box should be unopened. It should have been listed open box. I would use it. You can try calling their CS to see if they will knock another 10% off for it not being as described.

gsdguenter

This is the description from the NBD website:

"New, Box Damage
Items given this condition code are new inside the original manufacturer’s packaging; however, the box itself is a bit tattered and worn. These boxes are opened to verify that the item inside is still fully intact suggesting full functionality of a brand new product. The boxes are then resealed for shipment. All parts/accessories provided by the manufacturer will be included."

I'd call and see if they give you a discount.

gsdguenter

I just called because I ordered a new - damaged box SGL and it came without the manual. It doesn't at all look used and was in the wrapping, but with no manual or registration card. They gave me $15 back on my purchase! I only paid $65 to begin with, so $50 for a Livia SGL w/ DOM 8/11 works for me!

I feel fine using it after fully inspecting it and it doesn't look used at all.

Lemonade

I called and they said I could return it or get a $15 refund. I took the refund. She said I can still return it if I change my mind. I'll take the covers off and inspect it really well.

On a side note, DH was asking, "What did this one cost?" When I told him he said, "That's it?" Yes, DH, boosters are really cheap compared to harnessed seats:)

And also, I had forgotten I ordered it so when it showed up I was all 'Happy Hanukkah to me...now I have something to open and play with tonight.'

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC