Pictures of 4 year old in new gen Britax convertible

krfogle88

I would :love: anyone who would able to show me some pictures of a 4 year old in a new gen Britax (especially marathon or boulevard). Deciding whether I want to shell the cash out for the seat or not.

ADS

krfogle88

Either. I am not sure she would fit RF or not in the seat. She's about 34 lbs now and 38 inches, a little shorter than average torso.

hrice

Here is my 3.5yo. He has a 14.25" torso. He has outgrown it RF but has a couple of inches left FF.

f9defc55.jpg

krfogle88

Does he like the seat? I am hoping it will get her to atleast 5 in the seat and then I can hopefully put her in a Frontier (she has been having head slumping issues in that). The CA she rides in now is digging into her neck and she despises it, so I'm hoping this will be better for her!

hrice

Does he like the seat? I am hoping it will get her to atleast 5 in the seat and then I can hopefully put her in a Frontier (she has been having head slumping issues in that). The CA she rides in now is digging into her neck and she despises it, so I'm hoping this will be better for her!

He only rode in it that 1 time but really liked it. He is FF in a Radian and a FR now. If you are looking for a nice recline have you thought about a Myride?

knkdt

Here is my little guy at 4y9m, he was about 40ish lbs and around 42" (no idea on torso length). He was very close to the top slots, maybe 1/2" left. He had outgrown it rf, obviously ;).
th_DSCN1070.jpg

momtoo3

Ds3 is 3 yrs 3 months. He is 28 pounds and 37 inches with about a 13.5 inch torso. He is in the 10th-25th percentile if that helps at all.
Here he is in the MA70. He had about 1.5 inches to the top of the shell RF when we turned him. Pics are FF.
DSC06944-2.jpg

DSC06953-1.jpg

And here he is in the TFP, FF, with his feet on the front seat as if he was still RF :rolleyes:. He has way more growing room in the TFP.

003-8-1.jpg

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
One of my 4.5yr olds has outgrown the BV. The other one has miles of room. But neither cared for it as a FF seat. They both, at some point or another, claimed it hurt their backs. :( Kaylee doesn't use it anymore due to my new car and the lack of leg room (rf'ing). She's never ridden in it FF. So, it sits in my living room. I need to figure out what to do with it.

Here are the pics I took in another post.

BV70 pics

Jessica61624

clov878 said:
How tall was she in the pic? And about how much shell over her head? I don't think I've ever seen a 4 year old RF in a Next Gen...she's clearly all legs! :p

She was about 41 inches and boarder line too tall. Just about a half inch to grow.

melniemi

My dd outgrew our bv70 rfing at 4y9m, 39", 35#s. I love it ffing for her but she is now in a fr85 and my ds3 is rfing in the bv70.

firemomof3

Here is dd2 in our RA55. She was 5y/o and 43" tall at the time of the picture. She has since grown because her shoulders are now over the top slots. She like the seat OK

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Lemonade

I don't have pix but DD is riding in an RA55 in DH's car now. She's 32# and 38"ish. Haven't measured torso lately but she's between top and next to top slots. Like she's just over the next to top ones. She's 3.5yrs.

cpsaddict

My DD is 2.5, 37lbs and 39" tall. She is more torso than legs, but not by much. She is just barely too tall to rf, but she's too tall for almost everything, except a Radian. FF she likes the seat a lot, I think. It's fairly easy for her to climb into it. I can get a pic of her in it. I can tell you she looks bigger in it than some of the PP 3.5-4.5y kids, but she is big and tall her her age. She won't be three until April.

Keeks64

I can take a pic of my DS tommorow ......he's 3y4m & 38' tall w/ 13.5' torso & 29lbs...he fits RF with a little room to grow & loves it!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

jenfrogmom

He was a smidge under four, but the size of a four year old. P.S. He did not ride in this seat rear facing as he was well over the limit at 44 lb. HE was about 41 1/2" tall. :D
P1010674.jpg

P1010673.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC