Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Please Support Car-Seat.Org

I see ADMIN was able to give you a better idea of how long it takes. Thanks ADMIN .
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Thank you everyone for your generous donations! As you may know from the January, 2008 updates thread, a small extension was made to the subscriptions of early contributors. Since then, forum donations continue to cover hosting, software and other costs. There should also be enough to cover the upcoming website updates. Subscription costs were maintained for 2008 with no changes.

Ultimately, the goal is to break even without a surplus or shortfall from the costs to keep the website and forum running. I will re-evaluate later this year, based on continuing subscriptions and growth of the forums that might eventually spur the need for a costlier hosting package.

Thank you again!
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyrightę 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

Thank you, ADMIN for providing a place for me to go where people understand my car seat safety passion .
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.

Quote Originally Posted by azgirl71 View Post
    Thank you, ADMIN for providing a place for me to go where people understand my car seat safety passion .
    Ditto! I'm proud to be a car-seat.org supporter, it's so deserving!
    Bonnie, Mum to a (38lb) 3 year old rear-facing in a Brio Zento (Black)
    and a (40lb) 4 1/2 year old in a Booster in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Just to be clear, donations for Car-Seat.Org will be used only for forum and website costs, including but not limited to hosting, domain names, chat room, software, addons, skins or other services/enhancements. If this policy changes in the future, I will make a post about the details.

Seatcheck.net is my own inspection service and a set of webpages for Illinois specific information. DuPage Safe Kids is the local Safe Kids chapter I coordinate. They do not support and are not supported by the Car-Seat.Org forums except that they all depend on my time and effort. I do host a webpage for them, of course, but that is the only real connection to the forums and website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    In the unlikely event of a surplus, funds would most likely be saved for future expansions. At the current rate of growth, it's quite likely that the forums will need a managed, dedicated hosting package within a year or two and those can cost $150-$300 a month or more:-( That doesn't include the costs of the chat room, software and domain names that add up to another $25 a month or more at current prices.

I would expect that there could be a few server/hosting moves in the near future, depending on how the load of our forums is tolerated by providers, especially those who have submitted the less expensive quotes that are possible with the current rate of donations. I'm not making any promises of course, but in any case, I don't forsee my plans for a vacation house in Malibu moving forward anytime soon... I'll just be happy if I can avoid any additional personal expenses beyond those I've made over the last 7 years lol.
    To update earlier comments for consistency:

All proceeds from donations/sponsorships will be used primarily for the Car-Seat.Org, Car-Safety.Org and Seatcheck.net website expenses but may also be used for other child passenger safety related expenses incurred by its owner(s). Proceeds will not be used for any type of personal expenses that do not pertain to child passenger safety activities.

I make this update because it became apparent as I did my taxes that for both accounting and tax purposes it would be very difficult to separate my Seatcheck.Net website and CPS services from Car-Seat.Org and Car-Safety.Org which are all essentially intertwined due to my personal ownership and involvement. So, I did not want to mislead anyone in regard to this detail in the event it might affect someone's decision to make a subscription.

To reiterate my other previous comments, no surplus of funds from forum subscriptions is being used for that house in Malibu or any other personal expenses not related to my CPS websites and activities. As I said before, after website and CPS expenses, any surplus will be used mainly for future cost increases and expenses or possibly refunded to donors in the form of extra time on the subscriptions, as was done late last year for active supporters, benefactors and sponsors at that time. In addition, donations and sponsorships are not used to support DuPage County Safe Kids, which is a non-profit organization and completely separate from my personal websites and services, except that I also volunteer my time as coordinator of this Safe Kids chapter.

As I said in a previous post, my intention is to break even on my CPS activites that include Seatcheck, Car-Seat.Org and Car-Safety.Org. Last year, I accomplished this goal fairly well. The tax liability for my CPS related business activities was a "profit" of $168 dollars last year after expenses. The current rate of donations and sponsorships have so far covered the increased costs and also allowed for some upgrades including larger chat room size and general website updates and improvements. These "profits" will also be used to offset future expenses and upgrades and hopefully a surprise or two along the way.

Thank you again for your support!
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyrightę 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

I thought you were hoarding the fund to statr a car-seat.org compound in Costa Rica J/K

Thanks again for all your work!
    Lisa - CPSTI

Quote Originally Posted by azgirl71 View Post
    I thought you were hoarding the fund to statr a car-seat.org compound in Costa Rica J/K

Thanks again for all your work!
    I'm thinking a Car-Seat.Org retreat center for members would be a related expense!