Please Support Car-Seat.Org: Advertising, Sponsorships and Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Re: Please Support Car-Seat.Org

I had meant to ask... you had said that it was looking like 1k more for next year. At the benefactor level, you just need 27 of us - not too many - to meet that. I'm not certain what your original costs were, to make up your total, but on the off chance that there is a surplus of donations, what will happen with the excess?

In the unlikely event of a surplus, funds would most likely be saved for future expansions. At the current rate of growth, it's quite likely that the forums will need a managed, dedicated hosting package within a year or two and those can cost $150-$300 a month or more:-( That doesn't include the costs of the chat room, software and domain names that add up to another $25 a month or more at current prices.

I would expect that there could be a few server/hosting moves in the near future, depending on how the load of our forums is tolerated by providers, especially those who have submitted the less expensive quotes that are possible with the current rate of donations. I'm not making any promises of course, but in any case, I don't forsee my plans for a vacation house in Malibu moving forward anytime soon... I'll just be happy if I can avoid any additional personal expenses beyond those I've made over the last 7 years lol.

Starlight

Senior Community Member

I never thought you'd put it towards a vacation house in Malibu (LOL)... maybe one in Maui? Could it be like a time-share? I gave my $50, can I have 2 nights in August?

I just wasn't sure if you had considered that possibility, and I didn't know if you'd put it towards the forum, or your SafeKids/Seatcheck, whatever it is you do up there in IL.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Maybe there should be a "Timeshare" level of donations;-)

Another option would be a "Hire Shellebelle for a Car-Seat.Org Makeover" level! That might take a big corporate sponsor, too...

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

I never thought you'd put it towards a vacation house in Malibu (LOL)... maybe one in Maui? Could it be like a time-share? I gave my $50, can I have 2 nights in August?

I just wasn't sure if you had considered that possibility, and I didn't know if you'd put it towards the forum, or your SafeKids/Seatcheck, whatever it is you do up there in IL.

Just to be clear, donations for Car-Seat.Org will be used only for forum and website costs, including but not limited to hosting, domain names, chat room, software, addons, skins or other services/enhancements. If this policy changes in the future, I will make a post about the details.

Seatcheck.net is my own inspection service and a set of webpages for Illinois specific information. DuPage Safe Kids is the local Safe Kids chapter I coordinate. They do not support and are not supported by the Car-Seat.Org forums except that they all depend on my time and effort. I do host a webpage for them, of course, but that is the only real connection to the forums and website.

thepote

Just donated at the sponsor level :thumbsup: even though I have no business to advertise :)

If dh can give all those donations to political campaigns, I can give $$ to "my" stuff :D

Thanks so much for putting the effort into these forums!

nhlbluesgirl

I just donated for the level 2 membership (via Paypal). Will I get the Car-Seat.Org Benefactor title too?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Hello,

As long as your subscription has cleared (eCheck Paypal payments can take 4 business days to clear), then you will have the appropriate title choices available. To choose among the titles, go into your User CP and the "Group Memberships" area.

If you don't see the expected option, please let me know and I will look into it. If you can see the Senior Community Member forum and Chat Room link on the Navbar, then you should have the Benefactor/Supporter titles available to you.

Thank you for your donation!

D

DocEbola

My wife and I are both readers of this board. Both of us are in EMS with my main job working with Neonates and critical injured children. We both paid to support this site and will keep doing so. Child saftey is so very important and we want to thank all the techs for the hard work they put into teaching and inspecting seats. We just had our first child on 11 Sept and we are very excited to have him around. Again thanks for what you do and for trying to make our jobs easier.

R Wagner PCCEMT-P

Wineaux

I figured it was finally time to pony up for all the help and info that I've gotten here. Great job folks!

Airforcemomma

How do we make our donation? Am I missing a link to click that takes me to the donation options?

azgirl71

CPST Instructor

How do we make our donation? Am I missing a link to click that takes me to the donation options?

In your CP on the left towards the bottom is a link that say paid subscriptions under misc.You can click there to donate :love:

Airforcemomma

I just made a donation and am now wondering how long before I get access to the areas that I don't have access to now?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Thank you for your donation! Usually, once Paypal has processed the transaction, it should only take a few minutes.

In some cases, like if you are paying from a Paypal account with no cash balance and funded from a linked account, Paypal issues an "eCheck". These often take at least a few business days to clear. If you check the transaction in your Paypal account, it will say "Uncleared" and give you an estimated date. This type of delay is beyond our control and you would need to contact Paypal for more information.

Once an eCheck clears, Paypal should issue another notification and the forums should automatically update your account here. If that doesn't happen on the day of clearing, please send a PM to Admin to double check and update manually if necessary.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC