Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Please Support Car-Seat.Org

I'll be donating at the Sponsor level when my tenant pays the rent
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    I had meant to ask... you had said that it was looking like 1k more for next year. At the benefactor level, you just need 27 of us - not too many - to meet that. I'm not certain what your original costs were, to make up your total, but on the off chance that there is a surplus of donations, what will happen with the excess?
    In the unlikely event of a surplus, funds would most likely be saved for future expansions. At the current rate of growth, it's quite likely that the forums will need a managed, dedicated hosting package within a year or two and those can cost $150-$300 a month or more:-( That doesn't include the costs of the chat room, software and domain names that add up to another $25 a month or more at current prices.

I would expect that there could be a few server/hosting moves in the near future, depending on how the load of our forums is tolerated by providers, especially those who have submitted the less expensive quotes that are possible with the current rate of donations. I'm not making any promises of course, but in any case, I don't forsee my plans for a vacation house in Malibu moving forward anytime soon... I'll just be happy if I can avoid any additional personal expenses beyond those I've made over the last 7 years lol.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

I never thought you'd put it towards a vacation house in Malibu (LOL)... maybe one in Maui? Could it be like a time-share? I gave my $50, can I have 2 nights in August?

I just wasn't sure if you had considered that possibility, and I didn't know if you'd put it towards the forum, or your SafeKids/Seatcheck, whatever it is you do up there in IL.
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

Maybe there should be a "Timeshare" level of donations;-)

Another option would be a "Hire Shellebelle for a Car-Seat.Org Makeover" level! That might take a big corporate sponsor, too...

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    I never thought you'd put it towards a vacation house in Malibu (LOL)... maybe one in Maui? Could it be like a time-share? I gave my $50, can I have 2 nights in August?

I just wasn't sure if you had considered that possibility, and I didn't know if you'd put it towards the forum, or your SafeKids/Seatcheck, whatever it is you do up there in IL.
    Just to be clear, donations for Car-Seat.Org will be used only for forum and website costs, including but not limited to hosting, domain names, chat room, software, addons, skins or other services/enhancements. If this policy changes in the future, I will make a post about the details.

Seatcheck.net is my own inspection service and a set of webpages for Illinois specific information. DuPage Safe Kids is the local Safe Kids chapter I coordinate. They do not support and are not supported by the Car-Seat.Org forums except that they all depend on my time and effort. I do host a webpage for them, of course, but that is the only real connection to the forums and website.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.

Senior Community Member thepote's Avatar

Just donated at the sponsor level even though I have no business to advertise

If dh can give all those donations to political campaigns, I can give $$ to "my" stuff

Thanks so much for putting the effort into these forums!

I'm a newer member--I think this is great! I made a donation this morning.

Question Re: Please Support Car-Seat.Org

I just donated for the level 2 membership (via Paypal). Will I get the Car-Seat.Org Benefactor title too?

Hello,

As long as your subscription has cleared (eCheck Paypal payments can take 4 business days to clear), then you will have the appropriate title choices available. To choose among the titles, go into your User CP and the "Group Memberships" area.

If you don't see the expected option, please let me know and I will look into it. If you can see the Senior Community Member forum and Chat Room link on the Navbar, then you should have the Benefactor/Supporter titles available to you.

Thank you for your donation!

Got it, thanks!

DocEbola

My wife and I are both readers of this board. Both of us are in EMS with my main job working with Neonates and critical injured children. We both paid to support this site and will keep doing so. Child saftey is so very important and we want to thank all the techs for the hard work they put into teaching and inspecting seats. We just had our first child on 11 Sept and we are very excited to have him around. Again thanks for what you do and for trying to make our jobs easier.

R Wagner PCCEMT-P

CPS Technician

I figured it was finally time to pony up for all the help and info that I've gotten here. Great job folks!
    Ian James - 3.5 Years
    FF Learning Curve Truefit and FF Britax RA

Carseat Crazy

How do we make our donation? Am I missing a link to click that takes me to the donation options?

Quote Originally Posted by Airforcemomma View Post
    How do we make our donation? Am I missing a link to click that takes me to the donation options?
    In your CP on the left towards the bottom is a link that say paid subscriptions under misc.You can click there to donate
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo

Carseat Crazy

Smile Re: Please Support Car-Seat.Org

Great, thanks

Great, thanks
    YW !
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.

Carseat Crazy

I just made a donation and am now wondering how long before I get access to the areas that I don't have access to now?

I just made a donation and am now wondering how long before I get access to the areas that I don't have access to now?
    Within the next few hours or so. I know I did not gain access right away.
    Lisa - CPSTI

Carseat Crazy

Smile Re: Please Support Car-Seat.Org

Ok, that's good. I can wait a couple hours.....LOL

Thank you for your donation! Usually, once Paypal has processed the transaction, it should only take a few minutes.

In some cases, like if you are paying from a Paypal account with no cash balance and funded from a linked account, Paypal issues an "eCheck". These often take at least a few business days to clear. If you check the transaction in your Paypal account, it will say "Uncleared" and give you an estimated date. This type of delay is beyond our control and you would need to contact Paypal for more information.

Once an eCheck clears, Paypal should issue another notification and the forums should automatically update your account here. If that doesn't happen on the day of clearing, please send a PM to Admin to double check and update manually if necessary.

Thank you!