Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Welcome, New Forum Staff

Details to follow shortly!
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

Re: New Forum Management

Uh huh.

How gullible do you think we are?
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

*snort*

Wasn't it a forum platform change last year?
    Rachel - CPST-I and Mommy to:
    Tripp - 12/22/07 48" and 45# FF FR85
    Aubrey - 11/20/09 38" and 33# ERF in an XTSL
    Bella- 7/13/11 33.5" 24#- XTSL and MySize70

He should have made me a moderator.. That would have killed at least 1/2 the membership
    A five stepper and a booster rider

6. Thank You from:

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Heh heh.

8. Thank You from:

Yeah - you need to wait at least a little longer before trying to pull that one off!
    Chardon, Ohio - One Heartbeat - 2/27/12

It’s true! There is really a management change, effective immediately. So, April Fools (sort of) for you non-believers!

As some may be aware, we have had a number of moderators step down or become less active in the last couple years. Most recently, bensmom has stepped down, at least temporarily, attending to work, family and other priorities. I would like to express my sincerest appreciation to all past and present moderators. They volunteer a lot of time on the forums to keep it running smoothly, something that is not an easy chore with our traffic and the associated spam bots and trolls. Not all of that work is fun, especially when it involves being an “evil” mod and having to enforce the forum rules. Many times, we have to do this even though we may be sympathetic to the comments made by person who violated the rule! Not to mention all those who feel that moderators don’t enforce the rules adequately! Plus, while we do have a system in place to keep things impartial, it is inevitable that people will feel moderators are too conservative, too liberal or always seem to side with specific members, groups or cliques. Sometimes, it really is a no win situation:-( So, I do greatly appreciate the moderators and members who keep things going smoothly on a day-to-day basis!

Anyway, change has been in order for some time, so today I would like to announce some new additions to the forum staff. I hope it is a good mix of experience, youth, enthusiasm and some new viewpoints to help our current staff respond to all issues in a fair manner.

First, a “welcome back” as a moderator to Crunchierthanthou, who stepped down some time ago. She will be returning to help with the Carseat Swap forum, to improve our time in approving posts there and also to assist in the Shopping forums as well.

In addition, we only have one active Canadian moderator, as hipmaman stepped down a while back and QuassEE has been attending to family and studies and is not online as much for the moment. So, we welcome Pixelated as our new moderator focusing on the Canada and International forum.

Joining them are two additional new moderators, LISmama810 and jjordan! Thank you for agreeing to help at Car-Seat.Org!

Also, our Ambassador concept never quite reached the potential we intended, as we never did fulfill our goal to rotate volunteers into the program a few times a year. Nonetheless, at this time I do want to announce some additions to replace Ambassadors who have stepped down or become inactive. New Ambassadors include bree, canadiangie, Carrie_R, CTPDMom, henrietta, Patriot201 and unityco. Continuing ambassadors include ketchupqueen and DaniannieB. We hope to make the Ambassador program more of a priority in the future. Also, Chely7425 was recently added as a sub-forum moderator for our Child Restraints for Special Needs and Disabilities forum (any currently certified techs who have a special needs class certificate may contact me if they are interested in overseeing the SN forum).

Thank you again to all of our new volunteers! The pay isn’t very good to start, but they do get 100% salary increases every year... Thank you also to those who have offered in the past to help! We do keep track of this, but unfortunately, there are so few changes made over the years that there just aren't enough spots for all those who have offered or who otherwise have been highly considered or deserving! It is such a strong community of technicians and advocates here that it is very difficult to narrow down the possibilities.

Please welcome our new staff!
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by CTPDMom View Post
    Uh huh.

How gullible do you think we are?
    Even funnier that you were a part of the change and didn't know it!

Quote Originally Posted by trippsmom View Post
    *snort*

Wasn't it a forum platform change last year?
    Actually, that has been on the agenda for a couple years, since this software is a few years obsolete and no longer supported. There will be an upgrade to the latest version of this software (vBulletin 4 or 5) or an all-new platform (like Xenforo) sometime in the future, I just don't know when.

There are also still frequent inquiries about buyout offers, so that type of management change is no April Fools joke in general, either, but I'm not interested in selling at this point. For those who may not care for how Car-Seat.Org is managed, I'm guessing you'd like it even less under the ownership of a forum integrator company, so I hope that day never comes lol! Other forums I've seen have fallen under the absentee owner syndrome, which is even worse. Fortunately, we have a great crew of moderators, members and visitors here, so I think Car-Seat.Org is stable for a long time!

Seriously, this is a great community and I really enjoy being a part of it, even though I seem to have much less time to participate these days!

12. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Even funnier that you were a part of the change and didn't know it!
    Ha ha...yup, the joke was on me!

And congrats to all the new mods and 'purple people'! I'm going to start reporting everything just to keep Jennie on her toes! LOL

14. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by CTPDMom View Post
    And congrats to all the new mods and 'purple people'! I'm going to start reporting everything just to keep Jennie on her toes! LOL
    I wouldn't put it past you, Ms. Ambassador.

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

Re: Welcome, New Forum Staff

Welcome, and thanks for volunteering!
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!

Congrats everyone, and thank you for all you do to keep CSO running smoothly.
    Kacie, CPST.
    Aunt to SIX little loves between the ages of two weeks and seven years!

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!

Good choices Admin

C~9/06 Boostered in FR85 Livia & Maui C~2/09 Boostered in GN Daisy & Julia
    Driving in 2005 Toyota Camry & 1994 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Details to follow shortly!
    Ggloomkiokkjlo
    Jessica, with my girlies, Emma-8 years, in a Livia PWSG , Mattie-6 years, in a butterfly turbo booster and Lilly-3 1/2 years, FFing in a Cranberry True Fit and Norah, noob riding in a mickey mouse SR22.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyofbirth View Post

Ggloomkiokkjlo
    This tickled me. Little fingers typing?

Oh... Thank you to Admin, Mods and Ambassadors new and old.

How do I turn purple? Or maybe I don't because I'm helping in Canadian/International?

Quote Originally Posted by canadiangie View Post
    How do I turn purple? Or maybe I don't because I'm helping in Canadian/International?
    Yes, purple is reserved for Americans only.

(Kidding--I have no idea.)

23. Thank You from:

But seriously. Have you gone to your User CP under Group Memberships (or User Groups? Something?) and made sure to click the circle next to the Ambassador one? I seem to recall mine happening automatically, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post

But seriously. Have you gone to your User CP under Group Memberships (or User Groups? Something?) and made sure to click the circle next to the Ambassador one? I seem to recall mine happening automatically, but you never know.
    This is what I did.

And then I was purple.

26. Thank You from:

I switched it for you, but you should be able to switch it in your User CP as mentioned.

28. Thank You from: