Regent or Boulevard for 2nd car, tiny 3 year old twins?

M

meera

I have tiny 3-year old twins. They are 26lbs (girl) and 35lbs (boy), and less than 15 and 50 percentiles in height respectively. Not huge children by any means. We need a second set of car seats for our second car now that dad may need to drop them at preschool sometimes. Our other vehicle is a Sienna van with side-curtain-air bags, and Roundabouts.

Want to get 2 seats that will last a long time.

Regents or Boulevards?

And which vehicle would you put them in?! They ride in the van most times, but wouldn't the side impact protection of a Boulevard be more useful in a sedan (Saab 95) ? I would find it a bit hard to swallow putting brand new expensive seats in a car that may never even be used for the kids.

Please advice.

thanks!
Meera

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'd get Boulevards. It sounds like your children are small enough to fit in the Boulevards for several more years. Your DD could even be RF. :)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I'd get a Boulevard and a Regent, and put them in your van. Your daughter should stay rear facing until she is 33 pounds, and your son would get the Regent.

mommyto4

I would do two Regents. One in each car for your son and put your daughter in the Roundabouts. Your daughter is so tiny, she should still have a few more years in the Roundabouts.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would do two Regents. One in each car for your son and put your daughter in the Roundabouts. Your daughter is so tiny, she should still have a few more years in the Roundabouts.

That's a great idea! :thumbsup:

Buy two Regents. Put one in each car and move the RA from the one car into the other. Your son will ride in a Regent in each car and your daughter will ride in a RF Roundabout in each car.

Great idea! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC