Booster seat ?'s and rec's...

maluhia

My son is going to be 7 in a few months and is just shy of 50 inches; 26.5" from his seat to his head.

I reluctantly must get rid of the Regent I saved up for for various reasons. Such as fit, and I wanted it in 2nd car but no tethor anchors and its just a headache. Plus we play musical cars ALOT and need a seat that is easily moved- this is probably the biggest reason.

Right now he's in the Parkway, and so I need another booster, I guess.

Just wondering what you all thought. I like the Monarch, but the seat seems so short, also I see some here like the Compass B510 and the Airbooster?

Is there a seat that I am overlooking?
Thank you!

ADS

scatterbunny

At 49 inches my dd finds the seat in many boosters and harnessed seats too short; she technically still fits the Britax boosters and other seats with years of height growing room, and obviously plenty of weight growing room, but they are not deep enough in the seat to support her long legs.

The Compass B510 and Graco AirBooster are two that do support her long legs well, the AirBooster is really awesome. :) I also think the Evenflo Confidence is deeper than some, but we haven't personally tried it. The B510 folds for travel and comes in cute patterns (my dd has Camo for her dad's truck), the AirBooster can become backless for taller, older kids. I believe the Confidence can be used backless as well.

maluhia

Thanks Jenny!
Is it true that the Monarch also becomes backless? According to Elite car seats the Max Height for the child in a Monarch is 60" while for the Compass and Airbooster it is 57". Not a huge difference.

Hmmm. ok so I'll see the if the specialty store here has the Compass. I'd like ds to try it out. Is it really snotty of me to hesitate over a Graco seat? Yes it is. :p

We'll try that one out as well...thanks!

scatterbunny

Ooops, yes, the Monarch becomes a backless. :)

The stated height limits are not set in stone, all kids are built differently, so long-torsoed kids will get too tall sooner than long-legged kids. The shoulderbelt guide on the highest setting is the best way to judge when a seat will be outgrown by height. The Britax boosters adjust taller than the others, but they are shorter in the seat, so for longer-torsoed, shorter-legged kids they might be better, but for kids who are all legs the Graco or Compass might be better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC