What are your 6 & 7 yr olds riding in?

love-pink

I would love to hear what your 6 and 7 year olds are currently riding in ;) Pictures and would be amazing!

My middle 2 have just under a 17 inch torso, around 47lbs. Looking for ideas for when we finally get a second vehicle.

I keep going between 2 fr's or 2 hbb's. The fr's may be easier day to day without having to buckle boosters in a 3 across, but we may have to booster because of cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

lovinwaves

2 Clek Oobrs
2 Vivos
2 Recaro ProSports

They are in the Clek's 95% of the time. They are both 40lbs.

VIVOS
08ffb2ea.jpg

scoutingbear

He is in a Monterey in one vehicle and a HB Turbo in the other. Although he is on the last headrest position for the turbo so not sure what we are doing next. He'll be 8 in Feb and I was hoping to just let him use a NB booster...but he needs the sides to remind him to sit still.

BabyKaykes

ProSport in one car, Monarch Booster in DH's car, Turbo in my parents car, harnessed in a Nautilus on the VERY rare occasions he sees his dad.

Ready to move to booster full time, but I'm waiting a bit longer. Probably summer.

ETA: 6yrs2mths, 46.5", 42lb

Last edited:

tam_shops

My almost 6yo is currently in a GN. He still fits in the Maestro which is *fairly* narrow and has harness to 50# American, thought I saw in on sale for $62 at Target/Walmart or something like that.

I recently asked the same question and everyone tried to re-assure me that a HBB would be fine for him, I'm not ready and he's not 40# yet, so...

tam

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
MY just-7 uses a hbtb or backless tb 99% of the time. Occasionally a nauti in HB or backless booster mode.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
DD is 6.5. She's in a Frontier 85 in my car and a Frontier in DH's car. I have a Parkway SGL waiting in the wings for DH's car for when she outgrows the Frontier (or perhaps for when I finally get so tired of dealing with the continuous loop harness on DS's True Fit that I pass her Frontier to him :p).

Qarin

My 7yo is in a GN, harnessed, in our main car, and in HBTBs and old style Parkways in all other vehicles.

My 10 was in exactly the same, when she was 7.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I babysit DH's granddaughter, who turns 6 next week.

She rides in a Radian 80SL in my car 'cause it's all I can fit in there. I just sold her Monterey and replaced it with a Frontier 85 (not so much for her benefit, but because it's more flexible for a wider variety of kids and my DD should actually be able to use it someday before it expires). She rides harnessed in a FR85 in her mom's car, an Apex 65, and a Graco Turbobooster (I put the screws in it, at least, but I think her dad removed the back again for reasons I really don't understand) in her parents' other two, less frequently used cars. Not sure of her weight but I think it's around 50-55 lbs. About 48" tall.

mlohry

My 7 year old is in a HB TB, but is close to being too tall for it. I've been looking at other HB boosters but he sits 3rd row in our Ody and pretty much everything gets hung up in the seat belt system back there, so he will probably go backless in an Amp when the time comes. I love the Amp for my oldest.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
6yrs 8 months 35ish pounds 44 inches -
Nautilus in my van
Frontier in DS's car
Turbo Booster in DH's car

6 years 5 months 35ish pounds 45 inches -
Nautilus in my van
Chase in DS's car
Marathon in DH's car

crunchierthanthou

7 within the last month. no recent pics, but stats are 48" and 45 lbs

He rides in a Monterey in our vehicle (and has since the summer he was 5 1/2), and usually a backless if he rides with a friend.

Jan06twinmom

I have 6yo twins that are turning 7yo in about 3 weeks.

DS is 53in tall and 67lbs (97th percentile, about the size of an 8yo)
Harnessed in a Britax Regent in main car
SK Monterey in secondary car
Will be moving to the SK Monterey in main car in the next month or so.

DD is 45in tall and 43lbs (much smaller than her twin brother!)
Harness in a SK Radian in main car
Graco Turbobooster in secondary car
Will be moving to the Recaro Vivo in the main car in the next month or so

Have an extra Graco Turbobooster as a back-up seat.

We'll be making the move to full time boostering soon after they turn 7yo. DS is moving to the booster because he will have outgrown every non-special needs harness seat on the market. DD will move to the booster seat full time at the same time as her twin brother because I know she is mature enough to ride in one full time.

Melanie

MommyShannon

6.5 50 lbs, 49" DD is in a nautilus in HB booster mode. We have a HB TB too but it's harder for her to buckle in the 3rd row of our Ody.

April

My 6.5 year old is 49lbs, no idea on height. She moved from a GN harnessed to a parkway sg full time about a month or so after she turned 6. I had to do a carseat shuffle when she was hospitalized in Nov, and all I had in the van when I brought her home was a backless turbo. She's been in that for about a month now, but i will get around to putting her pwsg back in one of these days. She rides in an old style pw in Daddy's truck, and has a hbtb as a spare.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DD2 is almost 6.5 years old and her approx. size stats are in my signature. She currently rides in a recently acquired Vivo, original Parkway, Harmony Dreamtime booster, or Frontier85 in harnessed mode depending on the vehicle and duration of the car trip. The Frontier85 is usually used for longer road trips in our '05 Sienna. The Vivo and Dreamride also get used occasionally in the Sienna, and the original Parkway for improved ease of buckling and fit next to another adult or 5-step passing older kiddo in our '08 Scion xB or in our relative's 2011 Prius.

glockchick

My 7 year old rides in a Clek Oobr. She's 48 lbs, no idea how tall. I also have a TB and literider as spares that she rides in with other people.

MorgieBear'sMama

DD is 7yr10mo in a monterey and backless tb as back up. She is 50" 68lbs.

This has been our set up since she was 6.

Ashley
Mama to Morgan- 2/25/04
Jackson and Colton- 11/1/10

cmm7

At 6/7 S rode in a HB TB. She was ridiculously tall, though.

Z rode in a GN, XTSL, TF, Regent, or HB TB. She is rather small.

At almost 6, S2 is RFing in an XTSL but will be turned soon and probably in the Frontier or TF. Her twin, U, is in the Frontier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC