News *new?* Cosco Scenera?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

yeah, carseatblog mentioned the Apt -

http://carseatblog.com/12923/abc-ex...-from-safety-1st-maxi-cosi-cosco-eddie-bauer/

Cosco Apt: Same price as Scenera 40 RF, dual level line indicator allows for seat to be more upright for kids over 22 lbs who can sit upright unassissted, hard plastic dual upholders, $54, will be available at Kmart, Target, Sears (deluxe model), 40 lbs max RF and FF. Interesting new upright/recline positions. Basically a new, improved Scenera. Looks like a great seat but won’t be a good option for 3-across since the cupholders make it wider than the traditional Scenera.

There are more pictures and patterns shown there.

mommyfrog

Looks great. Does the Scenera have 4 harness slots or five? That website says that car seat has 5 slots. Guess I can just go look at a Scenera!!

violets_mommy

mommyfrog said:
Looks great. Does the Scenera have 4 harness slots or five? That website says that car seat has 5 slots. Guess I can just go look at a Scenera!!

I'm pretty sure the Scenera has four slots.

Dorothy

I like the looks of both of those. That Apt is just cute, for some reason, and the Secure Kid looks sportier than the Maestro.

Sent from my phone using the app :)

crunchierthanthou

I like the looks of both of those. That Apt is just cute, for some reason, and the Secure Kid looks sportier than the Maestro.

Sent from my phone using the app :)

they changed the shape of the head piece (less glans-like :eek:), and made the cupholders solid instead of open-fronted. Nicer looking cover, too. :)

jenfrogmom

Really cute, but I would never buy it with no foam, regardless of what Dorel claims. Just my opinion, though. :) And seriously, how much could it really drive up the price? Like $5?

Pixels

Dorel has said over and over that the Scenera tests so well without it that they don't want to drive up the price by adding it.

Right. It does so well, in fact, that it can pass Canada's pretty stringent compression-deflection (I think that's what it's called) test without any foam. Many seats that we have in the US with EPS foam have to add more foam to pass that test in Canada.

mominabigtruck

Right. It does so well, in fact, that it can pass Canada's pretty stringent compression-deflection (I think that's what it's called) test without any foam. Many seats that we have in the US with EPS foam have to add more foam to pass that test in Canada.

But would it kill them to add some comfort foam? And all the pink covers they have now, they couldn't do some dinosaurs and trains or dogggies?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor

:yeahthat:

But would it kill them to add some comfort foam? And all the pink covers they have now, they couldn't do some dinosaurs and trains or doggies?
Posted via Mobile Device

Comfort foam would also drive up the price so they're not going to do that. Unfortunately, the name of this game is give Wal-Mart/Kmart/Target/etc. the lowest possible price otherwise they'll give your precious shelf space to someone else. :thumbsdown:

As for fabrics and patterns - believe me when I tell you that every big CR manufacturer offers their important buyers dozens (or more) different options for both girls AND boys. And among those options are many cute covers that we and our kids would just die for. But the buyers order only what they like and we're stuck with the selection. :(

skylinphoto

crunchierthanthou said:
they changed the shape of the head piece (less glans-like :eek:), and made the cupholders solid instead of open-fronted. Nicer looking cover, too. :)

Less glans like....lmao! That IS what it looks like. Disturbing!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

equilibrium

Was there any word if that Apt will head to Canada at some point? And everytime I see "Apt" I think apartment. What is with the seats being made with numbered names as well lately? I find them harder to remember :rolleyes:

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
LOL. I think "Apartment" too! Is there anything in the blog post (I'm too lazy to go look right now) about Canada? If not, I'll ask my contacts tomorrow.

Pingbns

Looking at the close up there seems to be 5 slots like a real low one, or did they add a higher slot?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC