Vent Bc only you guys will understand...

newyorkDOC

Walking by a car today I saw an infant bucket installed forward facing. WTF? I mean, I know car seat use is atrocious here in Italy but ALL buckets here MUST be installed RF. The handle was down too so it wasn't even flush against the back of the seat (not like that matters much but how can they possibly think they're getting a tight install?).

I wanted to leave a note but didn't have pen and paper with me. It's still bothering me 12 hours later.

ADS

keri1292

I've driven my bucket around FFing in the front seat since baby was in a convertible in the back. I buckled it in so it wasn't a projectile. Maybe that's the case? Hopefully.

mollysw

Yesterday evening I saw a woman in backseat holding a baby in her lap and another small child next to her. No car seat in sight.

Mysweethoneybee

The other day I came out of Target and saw a nice newish Mercedes parked next to me. It had a rear facing sunshine kids radian that was even tethered to the floor like it should be. I was drooling over it when the lady came out. The baby was probably around a year old. She loaded a few things in the trunk and I told her I didn't see many Radians in our area. And that it was cool that she had it tethered and everything. She said "thanks" then put the baby in the seat without putting the harness on the baby and she got in and took off. :eek: So apparently Radians are so awesome they have a magic shield of protection so you don't even need the harness.

newyorkDOC

keri1292 said:
I've driven my bucket around FFing in the front seat since baby was in a convertible in the back. I buckled it in so it wasn't a projectile. Maybe that's the case? Hopefully.

I don't think so bc it was installed in the center in the back seat. So obviously the owners heard the center was safest somewhere along the way but just clearly missed the RF bit :/.

I live in a major city so maybe/hopefully they don't use the car too often.

I remember when I took DD for her hip scan around 8 weeks old there was another mon there that had her baby in a seat that must've been from the 70s-80s. It looked almost like a bouncy seat but was clearly a car seat. In Europe seats don't expire so I couldn't even really say anything about it but man... 3 years later and I still remember it as clear as day!

tam_shops

Sigh, so sad...It's hard to get some of these images out of our heads. I saw a crazy lady w/ a bike trailer on her motorized scooter, driving down the middle of the road w/ a kid on it. It's been months and that image of the little girl in the back...

Though, I wish I had a Magic Shield on my RN b/c strapping YDS into it some days is just way too much work! ;) I don't ever remember ODS being not cooperative when it came to the car seat, can't say I've ever thought about driving off w/ out him in it though, pretty sure he'd pop his head over the front seat and come and join me!

tam

ProudMommysince09

I've seen it before as well, actually spoke to the girl because we were in our school's parking lot. I'm still hoping she got her DD a new seat.. It sure sucks when we see it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC