Geico and car seat replacement

krfogle88

My sister had two booster in her car that will need to be replaced. Since I buy all car seats, I will be replacing both. Does anyone know how much Geico will reimburse for each seat? I know I will need to purchase the seats and then send in receipts and was just curious how much they normally say they will replace up to until my mom can try and get ahold of someone. Thanks!

ADS

4boysmom

My sister had two booster in her car that will need to be replaced. Since I buy all car seats, I will be replacing both. Does anyone know how much Geico will reimburse for each seat? I know I will need to purchase the seats and then send in receipts and was just curious how much they normally say they will replace up to until my mom can try and get ahold of someone. Thanks!

uh they will replace however much it costs to buy the same seat again.

I feel like I am missing something obvious....

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Although it depends on the adjuster, most insurance companies will cover "similar" seats -- they won't pay for an Oobr if the policyholder had a Literider, but they probably won't quibble over a Big Kid Sport for a Turbobooster.

krfogle88

Well when DH was rear ended a year ago and the seats needed to be replaced the other person's insurance only replaced up to $50 per car seat no matter the cost of the car seat. So I wasn't sure if Geico has a max. amount at which they would reimburse and then i would be out the rest.

mamakc

I got hit a couple months ago by someone with geico. The person I talked to just had me buy new seats, give them the receipt, and leave the old seats for them to destroy. I had a radian and complete air, replaced with a radian and frontier85 no questions asked no issues at all. I got the reimbursement check about 10 days later.

Last edited:

4boysmom

Well when DH was rear ended a year ago and the seats needed to be replaced the other person's insurance only replaced up to $50 per car seat no matter the cost of the car seat. So I wasn't sure if Geico has a max. amount at which they would reimburse and then i would be out the rest.

oh okay. When we had our accident we just sent reciepts for what we needed to replace. I did "sub" a Frontier for a Regent but that was the "new gen" Regent/Regent replacement by the co. itself. My experience was they replace for the same seat. Never tried for an "equivalant" from dif brand but never had issue with submit for same seat with either geico or statefarm.

jsmom

We replaced one through Geico last Dec and they reimbursed what the receipt said and didn't give a limit before hand. We replaced it with the same seat that we lost though.. they did mention that.

krfogle88

That's great! I just wanted to make sure I would be able to replace what was damaged in the wreck without having to pay out of pocket too much. Thanks ladies!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC