DD's first ride ffing

hsjwmom

She LOVED it! She went between saying she was a race car driver and it was a rocket blasting off. I have never said anything about a 5pt harness being like what a race car driver wears and she's never seen car racing, lol. Not sure where she picked it up. :confused: She kept listing all the things she could see: signs, traffic lights, cars, and houses. She adores the cupholders, too.

I love her FR85. Love it. It fits her so well and installed in dh's Ram super tight.

Top tethering is another story. O.M.G. The manual was wrong and I had to search c-s.org to find that out?! Seriously? Dh's Ram is an '09 crew cab. The manual says there is a metal ring to tether to. Do you KNOW how long I looked for it? How I practically scraped my knuckles bloody, sticking my hands behind the seat, trying to find said metal ring? Turns out I just needed to tether to the straps. Yeah, the ones in plain sight. :rolleyes:

Then, there is routing the tether around the headrest through one of those straps to tether to the strap behind the outboard seat. (Follow that? :p) Routing it that way with a regular tether probably wouldn't be such a chore, but with the Versa tether, it made it pretty hard to tighten.

May I just say again, though, what an awesome seat the Frontier 85 is? It fits my nearly 4yo beautifully and yet fits my 11yo in booster mode just as well!

I turned her in dh's truck 2 months and 1 day shy of her turning 4. She'll stay rfing in my van until she's 4 or 35lbs, whichever comes first. I'd be tempted to turn her in my van, but dd1 is using our other FR85 and I don't think I'll like the TFP as much ffing. The straps on the TFP are a bit too spread out for my taste on dd's narrow shoulders. Love the legroom, though.

Only bad thing in all this? I need to sell our MA...with my beloved Hannah cover. :crying:

ADS

ProudMommysince09

I'm sure that was an interesting experience for her! And yay for making it so long :). My DD is already FF in my dad's car, but at least she is in there 'maybe' once a month.

CrazyBoysMamma

I'm betting the race car an blast off comments were likely because it felt really fast to her to have everything coming at her and then zooming by. I have heard of kids feeling really panicked when they first FF. I'm glad she enjoyed it and great job making it so long!

msg221

I love the FR85 as well. I have a Cowmoo one and Zain has ridden in it twice now. The second time, when he got in my car, he said "Ooo, new seat again!" I guess he thought that it wasn't going to stay permanently! He seems to like it a lot too and looks very comfortable in it. Thankfully Nour hasn't complained that she doesn't have a new seat!

hsjwmom

She is super excited every time we ride in dh's truck now. She was back rfing in my van last night and didn't make a peep of complaint. I was a little worried that she would fuss, having tasted the joy of ffing, but she was fine. :p

Oh, one thing that was funny: she kept trying to tell dh which direction to turn, lol.

She's riding in a Rushmore one and doesn't care that it's not girly, so I'm not going to bother tracking down a new cover unless she fusses. Anyway, Rushmore is actually really nice and looks PERFECT with the interior of dh's truck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC