Question Angle adjuster owners...

ADS

jenfrogmom

AWESOME! I think with the angle adjuster, my husband will be able to work the seat. I will be replacing my MT with a Diono Radian, as soon as the MT sells. My hubby is not a Multi Tech fan because of all the straps and stuff. :(

Pixels

I kinda wish there were two sizes of angle adjusters. The current one would be the large, and then there would be another one that is half as thick, the small. I find that the angle adjuster makes the seat SO upright that it loses a lot of leg room and also makes it hard to see over if it is in the center.

That said, I do like it much better. It makes the front seats fully usable, even by very tall people, in my Civic. It changes the belt path height/angle and therefore it is easier to install. And the force spread out over the large area of the angle adjuster means no more dents in my vehicle seat.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I find that the angle adjuster makes the seat SO upright that it loses a lot of leg room and also makes it hard to see over if it is in the center.

That's my only problem with it - I was really excited that it made it possible to install in the center in my vehicle - which has never been possible before. But then I got in to drive it and it was SO high up that really interfered with my visibility. I decided to just put it outboard, which I'm fine with and it fits great, though it does definitely take away a good portion of the leg room.

tl01

I kinda wish there were two sizes of angle adjusters. The current one would be the large, and then there would be another one that is half as thick, the small. I find that the angle adjuster makes the seat SO upright that it loses a lot of leg room and also makes it hard to see over if it is in the center.

That said, I do like it much better. It makes the front seats fully usable, even by very tall people, in my Civic. It changes the belt path height/angle and therefore it is easier to install. And the force spread out over the large area of the angle adjuster means no more dents in my vehicle seat.

I agree with everything said here. It certainly is a great addition that increases the usability of the seat.

agave

YES!!! I have 2 radians and 1 angle adjuster and it's working out great. My 3 1/2 yr old doesn't mind the loss of leg room and loves being more upright. She stopped asking to ride FF after I got the adjuster.
The 80 has the old boot and has never reclined as much as the XTSL. My 2 yr old would miss the leg room in the captains chairs but I will get a second one when they are easier to find for use in the 3rd row.

agave

I also think the angle adjuster would have solved all my Radian problems in my xB but it came a few weeks after I sold it.

leighi123

Its actually annoying me more b/c I have to be super careful about how its installed otherwise it tips sideways. Never was an issue without it. But I do like it more upright, Levi says he can see better and has complained less about back pain.

lovemybabies924

I am not thinking I will even need one... I get a really upright install already.. But now I wanna try it haha

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Syllieann

Yes, I like it much better, it makes the radian upright enough for dh to sit in front of it so we don't have to shuffle car seats if we switch drivers. For us it only took out a tiny bit of leg room for lo. I might have bought another radian instead of a britax if they'd had the angle adjuster out at the time-just couldn't deal w/ all the room it took up at 45*.

mkmama

Absolutely, positively, 110%. I had acceptable installs in both my vehicles (except hubby couldn't drive my Sienna when I put it behind driver seat)...

-- 3.5 year old DS is MUCH happier much more upright (Radian installed around 40-45* in our vehicles before...now its around 30-32*). He never complained before, but he's so excited telling me about everything else he can see. Bonus is he is also now upright enough that he can buckle himself in the Radian!

--The installs are so much easier because of that higher belt path! I used to have to fight the Radian to get a tight install in the Impala if I was doing either seatbelt or LATCH...now it goes right in no issues, SO much easier to get tight. Same in the 3rd row of the Sienna...I could get an acceptable seatbelt install outboard drivers side, but its SO much easier with the adjuster, don't have to have it *just* right to get the belt tight enough anymore.

--No seat dents! (though I am wondering what the longevity on these will be, because I do have some impressive 'dents' in my adjuster after just a few days of use).

I too wish they had a "small" and "large" one too...it'd be nice to have options about HOW upright you want it.

I had it installed outboard middle row passenger side for a long time...once I put the adjuster in, it did make a HUGE blind spot, so I had to end up moving it behind the drivers side.

mrosehughes

I like the radian much more now. It means instead of having one usable install position (with the passenger seat all the way forward), I can install anywhere in my tiny cars (prius and corolla).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC