Booster for short adult??

3monstars

Ok so I am 5"2 and am wondering if it is ok for me to use, say a piece of foam or the like to boost me up in the drivers seat?

The main reason I'm asking is that we have a Radian and just got an angle adjuster which is great and means we can now install in the middle back seat. But, because the adjuster lifts the seat up I can't see over it out the back and have very limited view through the rear view mirror. I really like having my son in the middle seat giving more space between him and direct impact if there were an accident.

Also it would probably help with the position of my seatbelt which is never low enough on me anyway because I'm so short:rolleyes:

So are there any other shorties out there that do something similar? Or do any of the techs know if this is ok for me to do?

ADS

Pixels

Putting the Radian outboard is not just as safe. It's about 30% less safe.

You can use an actual booster for yourself, but if you use a piece of foam or something there is a good chance it will come out from under you in a crash, leaving the belt loose. You can also use the RFing tether on the Radian to force it to recline more, which would give you back some of your view.

Baylor

If you can't see your mirrors you already not safe.
Move the seat outboard. I would put it behind driver.

auto-correct on the loose..

MommyShannon

I'm having a similar problem seeing with my dd's GN in the rear middle. I prefer it there for a number of reasons but cannot see well if on a freeway. I'm 5'3" but longer torsoed. I think it's the seat much more than my height. Are you sure you have your seat as high as it goes? I've been searching and finally found these this morning http://www.3dlens.com/wideanglefresnellens.htm I remember my grandparents having one in their motor home back window. I'm hoping it helps. I have a back up camera so my only problem is when on a highway which is pretty infrequently. My normal 2 lane roads curvy I'm not looking behind me. If I was on highways daily I probably would move the seat for now.
ETA: I searched for rear window lens and found them on amazon too.

Angela

Kind of a personal question, but.... Are you under 120 lbs? If that's the case, you can use a no back booster. There are a couple out there to have a max weight of 120 lbs and are pretty wide, so they will fit adult hips.

3monstars

Kind of a personal question, but.... Are you under 120 lbs? If that's the case, you can use a no back booster. There are a couple out there to have a max weight of 120 lbs and are pretty wide, so they will fit adult hips.
121lbs! Maybe I can lose a little weight then get a backless booster:eek:

I'll check out the link from MommyShannon when I get a minute.
I really do want to keep the seat in the centre I like the extra space between him and a direct impact. I'm in Australia so I might check out the weigh limits on boosters here, although I'm not hopeful their limit will be any higher than 120lbs, we have to turn our kids at either 9 or 12kgs here :( (so 25lbs max)

LOL I still giggle at the though of buying a booster for me:D

3monstars

You can also use the RFing tether on the Radian to force it to recline more, which would give you back some of your view.
If I was to do this we'd also loose the ability to have the front seat back as far as it is. We have a very small car. I'm 5"2 but my partner is 6"3.
I'll check out the booster option for me first:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC