Question Safety issue or not?

mlohry

I was installing our spare Scenera in my mom's Vibe this week, RF in the middle. I was using the seat belt to install as I always feel it's easier with the Scenera. I've installed this seat in this position quite a few times with no issue, but when I went to pull the belt tight to get it to ratchet the buckle popped out. The 1st time it happened I thought I didn't have it in there right, it was dark, even though I remembered it clicking into the buckle. So I did it again, as soon as I started pulling tight, it popped out. It was freezing, so didn't try again, just installed on the passenger side with no issues. Anyone experience this ever? We occasionally borrow this car and would do a 3 across for our 3 kids and I would be afraid to use that position. Do you think it was a fluke? I just buckled the belt and pulled really tight and no issue, but not sure I trust it. Should she bring it in? Would you be ok using it? It was ok in the past...

ADS

mykidsmylife

Check to make sure there isn't something inside the buckle. If there isn't and it still work work them take it in or don't use it. Chances are something is in there though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC