Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Help me pick a vacuum for hard floors

Gah. Not to sound ungrateful, but my mom bought me a Hoover Windtunnel bagged canister for Christmas. After reading everyone's replies, I was pretty set on getting the Lift-away Pro. But alas, her DH is um....socially sensitive and offended easily, so DH wouldn't let me return it. It works, its better than my broken Electrolux, but its heavy as hell, doesn't work great on the hardwood, and has solidified my desire for an upright. Is it terrible that Im secretly hoping it dies a quick death so I'm not stuck using this beast for the next 5-10 years?
    April-CRST
    "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." ~Oprah Winfrey
    DD1-11 years: seatbelt
    DS1-10 years: seatbelt DD2-7.5 years: lightrider
    DS2-6.5 years: parkway DD3-2.5 years: RF RNXT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I don't think you are bad for hoping it dies a quick death. If it ends up being like the Hoover we had, it might!

I am liking the Shark Lift Away Pro very much after the first week, mainly because that thing does have some great suction! It's also light, which is nice, and easy to push. I love how you can turn the brush roll off to use on the bare floors (for us, on the tile and laminate).

I have found one minor annoyance, but the suction power and ease of use trump it so I will just deal: while the cord is long, there is no good way to keep it out of the way so I have to be really careful to not trip over it while vacuuming as well as trying to not run it over. So far, that's my only complaint. I do hope that it's suctioning ability lasts because I love it so far!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

I have one of the original Navigators... about 3.5 years old... and it still works very well!

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...