A Regent in a 2004 Honda Civic LX?

HeatherDG

We currently have 2 Dodge Grand Caravans. We're keeping my 2005 SXT with front and side curtain airbags with DS in a Regent in the passenger side captain's chair. We're trading in DH's low end 2004 Grand Caravan SE since gas prices are eating us alive. We need a fuel efficient commuter car! Anyway, DH are a big people. I'm 5'7" and weigh over 200lbs and DH is 6'1" and weighs 275 so the backseat will be tight for DS. Can I get a Regent back there for our 2.5 year old without crushing his legs? I would assume it would have to go outboard, correct?

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
What's your price range? We've got an '01 VW Golf diesel that gets 40mpg on the highway. The newer versions are considerably more expensive than what we paid, but if you're willing to buy used, it might be a good car for your situation. We LOVE our Golf! (It's got LATCH! And side-curtain airbags! In '01! And did I mention 40 mpg??)

I've installed our Husky in the Golf, but unfortunately not with the new guidelines so I'm not sure about the fit in that aspect, but as for leg room & such, it fit quite well. Both my oldest and my dh ride with the front seats all the way back and the kids have enough leg room (though I wouldn't call it "plenty" of leg room LOL). I'd offer to try it SBP in the Golf but I don't have the recline bar anymore. If you want to buy me a new one I'll do it, though. :D (Just kidding!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC