Question Mailing carseats parcel post

sfaqt18

Im just curious what your experience has been with the amount of time it took for your car seats to reach their destination via parcel post. I mailed two Britax FR85 in their boxes to the same address from Texas to Maryland 11 days ago and they still haven't gotten to their new home. :( the buyer called USPS but thy were not much help and just said to wait until day 14. The seller didn't purchase insurance, only delivery confirmation so now I'm just starting to worry a little bit. The d/c numbers just say that the package has left the sorting facility in my town but no other updates have been given on eithier. So now we continue to wait....

ADS

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I haven't sent ca seats before, but I have smaller things and it's taken 2.5 weeks for some. Parcel post is bottom priority and can take a while, especially this time of year. :thumbsdown:

sfaqt18

Hopefully that's all it is, a busy time of the year, but when I called USPS they said more then 9 days is not typical and nothing has been recorded on d/c since going into the sorting facility. He opened a case and someone here should be checking into the packages. I just hope they find them or thy get to their home since insurance was declined and two carseats are a lot of money :/

rachelandtyke

I had something that was shipped parcel from the next state over, 2 hours from here, and it took over a week. That was a normal sized package in a non-busy time of year. Parcel can take forever.

love-pink

Around a week sometimes a day or two over. I always use parcel for seats. I've never had parcel take more than 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Mags462

I had mailed two radians on the same day both to central CA - one got there in about 4 days, the other took 12 :confused: What happens when you ship parcel is that your box sits at the facility until there is space on the truck for it to fit AFTER the priority and over night packages are loaded. This time of year it could sit for a while. :( To go halfway across the country during the peak shipping season for the USPS i wouldn't get "worried" until the 3 week mark, and even then i have known packages this time of year to take 5 :eek:

Its the nature of parcel post. I actually won't ship parcel this time of year because it is so hectic and i dont feel my packages are cared for in their usual manner - be it usps, ups, or fedex. Everyone is over loaded and things are getting rushed through.

Hope your seats turn up - i am sure they are just sitting at a sorting facility somewhere waiting "their turn" to be put on the truck/plane.

PS Next time always insist the seller purchase insurance, even if its at your cost (it'll be less than $5 normally for $300 and under)...... that way everyone is covered. :D

Aurezalia

I sent a Monterey to Kristen on the 9th via parcel post, it got there today. It was going from AZ to OH.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC