Question portable cribs

cmcki737

Anyone ever use one? The US banded the old drop side version last year but a new bunch of fixed side ones are out now and I am thinking of getting one for my parents since DD and DS are both still in cribs and will be staying with them for a week next month. If you have one do you like it and does the LO sleep better then in a pack and play? Thanks in advance for any responses :)

ADS

cupcakepirate11

They are really cracking down this year on banned cribs eh?
If its for a week I'd just get two pack n plays maybe get an extra foam matt for extra comfort
They would save a lot of space and what would you do with two portable cribs after? I don't see them fitting in a small car hehe

cmcki737

cupcakepirate11 said:
They are really cracking down this year on banned cribs eh?
If its for a week I'd just get two pack n plays maybe get an extra foam matt for extra comfort
They would save a lot of space and what would you do with two portable cribs after? I don't see them fitting in a small car hehe

I do have 1 full size crib for DD 24 months old already at there house full time bc my mom babysits all the kids in the family and actually has a dedicated nursery with a crib, toddler bed and regular queen size bed. This would be a travel crib for her to keep and use for the 6 month and under LO's she has overnight bc she has been saying she dislikes the pack and play we all got her bc some of our younger babies are bigger and don't sleep well in it. She has a storage room off of her bedroom so she would just wheel it in there when she did not need it and price is not and issue.

Holly

I had one and really liked it. Dd2 was on the way when Dd1 was still a baby. I didn't want to buy another full size crib or use a pack n play. I don't remember where I bought it, it had a drop side too. It came with a very thin foam pad, I bought a portable crib mattress for it, it was about 2 inches thick, maybe 1 1/2. It was nice and comfy. I got portable crib sheets for it from babymallonline.com in the luvable friends brand. They fit well and were soft and durable. I think they were jersey knit. Dd2 used it for 5 months, and Ds used it about the same.

cmcki737

Holly said:
I had one and really liked it. Dd2 was on the way when Dd1 was still a baby. I didn't want to buy another full size crib or use a pack n play. I don't remember where I bought it, it had a drop side too. It came with a very thin foam pad, I bought a portable crib mattress for it, it was about 2 inches thick, maybe 1 1/2. It was nice and comfy. I got portable crib sheets for it from babymallonline.com in the luvable friends brand. They fit well and were soft and durable. I think they were jersey knit. Dd2 used it for 5 months, and Ds used it about the same.

Awesome I'm glad to hear of someone who used and liked one before putting out the $

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We had one with DD2. I looked at a portable one at toys r us and it just seemed to flimsy for me so I ended up buying a foundations child care crib. It had a 3 inch mattress. Ours had a drop side and one end of the crib was a mirror and the other end was plexiglass. I got another one, same thing, when I babysat in my home. Now because of the whole dropside thing I gave them to my dad. He's going to pull them apart and make something with the wood.

I have one niece and two nephews so I replaced the dropside with a fixed side foundations biltmore crib. It is super nice and I can move it to another room easily since it fits through the doors. It is rock solid and has a very nice mattress.

http://www.foundations.com/

kathysr98

I used one in my office with dd. I used the included mattress & added a thin one from tru. The pack n play sheets I had worked just fine. I kept it until dd was nearly 2 & started trying to climb out.

bethng

ds slept in a portable crib until he was 2!....or longer lol Well, when he wasnt sleeping with us. I didnt have room for a full size crib (wasnt planning on #4) so he got a little crib in our bedroom. Had to buy an extra mattress as the one it came with was too thin IMO. BRU had sheets and such for it. Worked very well! It was that or the dresser drawer lol

cmcki737

I got the portable crib yesterday and except for the matress it is perfect! I ordered a new 3 in coil matress which should be here well before for leave so I think it will be perfect for him then. Thanks for all your responses.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC