News Foonf Info. Check it out

ADS

firemomof3

They have new pictures up on their facebook page too :love: The only reservation I have is that it sits up awfully high on that base. I'm wondering if this could be a concern at all for older, taller kids :confused:
I still really love it though :love:

Meg

The only reservation I have is that it sits up awfully high on that base. I'm wondering if this could be a concern at all for older, taller kids :confused:

I'm worried about that too. I never use our RA 55 because it sits too high and and the sides are deep, so when I lift my little guy into it I always bang him into the car's door frame. The Foonf looks like it might cause the same issues for me. Darn. :(

love-pink

I cannot get over how high that is :( I seriously hope you 35lb toddler can get themselves up there. I think it's an extremely cute seat but the height it sits at rfing is borderline ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I like the Drift color the best. How disappointing that it's not made with the Crypton fabric. :(

mominabigtruck

I love the patterns but looking at the rfing picture with the baby in it, it just doesn't look that tall. Am I missing something? If the headrest is already parttly above the shell for rfing how long is it going to work ffing?
Posted via Mobile Device

gsdguenter

Add me to the list of people worried about how high it sits up on the base :( I have faith in Clek, but I'm worried about older kids getting into the seat with it being so high up.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I love the patterns but looking at the rfing picture with the baby in it, it just doesn't look that tall. Am I missing something? If the headrest is already parttly above the shell for rfing how long is it going to work ffing?
Posted via Mobile Device

388105_10150462501332767_56869167766_8529047_1944472660_n.jpg

Look at her head in this picture in relation to the driver's seat headrest. In my CRV WITH the angle adjuster, the Radian very top of the shell is below the vehicle headrest of the passenger seat it's behind. But the Foonf, the child's head looks to be even with the driver's headrest, AND that's not even fully extended - a much taller child could still RF in it. I think it's going to be pretty challenging for visibility and loading/unloading in smaller cars especially. Sad.

aeormsby

It lists the internal seat height as 26.5" - that's the same as the Truefit (taller than the Radian).

Looks cool, but unless I win one I won't be getting one, no need for convertibles anymore (although DS would still fit RF in this one).

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
I still want one, but I think the only way I can justify buying a Foonf for a 40 lb 4 year old is if I sell both of my Radians.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I still want one, but I think the only way I can justify buying a Foonf for a 40 lb 4 year old is if I sell both of my Radians.

Yeah, I feel like if I had a large 2 or 3 year old that COULDN'T rear face in any other seat I would fork out the cash - but it's got to be crazy amazing in terms of day to day ease of use to make it worth the cash for any other reason for me.

laccaycol

Paul frank heart shades. Oh I am in love! Must won the lottery. Lol!

:yeahthatlove:

I also like the pink one and i wish they had a purple one too. I could get pink and purple ones for the twins. Or another heart shades but a purple cover just to make them a little different but still matching so i know whose seat is who's.

Keeanh

I cannot get over how high that is :( I seriously hope you 35lb toddler can get themselves up there. I think it's an extremely cute seat but the height it sits at rfing is borderline ridiculous.

Totally agree with you. The Radian has them beat there BIG TIME. With that price tag, I think the Foonf should be beating the RN on ALL counts.

love-pink

Keeanh said:
Totally agree with you. The Radian has them beat there BIG TIME. With that price tag, I think the Foonf should be beating the RN on ALL counts.

Exactly. The only thing revolutionary about the Foonf seems to be the price tag lol

cowgirlsmommy

I think it looks awesome! Can't wait to get one in my car. I like that it sits higher. Less chances of needing to twist the belt stalk. Plus that means a better window view :)

Mags462

It lists the internal seat height as 26.5" - that's the same as the Truefit (taller than the Radian).

Yes, but the TF is baseless.... so its tall internally (eg LOTS of RF growing room) however its not very tall from the seat to the top of the ceiling.... or even when you compare it to say a Britax seat or MR which sits on a base.....

I am still unsure - i LOVE some of the fabrics, but RF this seat is starting to look like a hassle more than convenient..... but FF i actually think it looks AMAZING and i love the technology involved in helping reduce the frontal crash loads...... but $500 for a seat i want to use only FF.... hmmm.... me thinks DH would not be OK with that! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC