Sweet success

Dragonflymama

I've been gently nagging a good friend andco-worker to let me take a look at their car seat installation (RA installed FF for 2yo son). She bought a new vehicle in June and I've tried to get out there and take a look at the RA because my friend had told me that it was installed with the lap/shoulder belt outboard in the second row and was getting loose every few days (EEK!) My friend is going out on maternity leave Friday so I only had a few days left to get out to the parking lot with her (it might be hard for us to get together outside of work before the baby comes- easier to do it here at work).

Today the opportunity came up as I was walking a visitor down to the lobby just when my friend was leaving for the day. I siezed my moment and asked if this was a good time to take a look at her RA installation. I am so glad that I did. In about 5 minutes I was able to change her RA from a very-loose belt installation without tether to a rock-solid LATCH install (lower anchors +tether). She was thrilled that it was in so tight and excited to learn where the LATCH belt was stored on the RA and to see how easily it installs. She even asked me to help install the infant seat before the baby comes. YAY!! In part as a result of discussions we have had, she has ordered a SS1 for the new little one and I am very excited to see it installed. Now that she has seen how easy a LATCH installation can be, I am going to read the manual together with her and have her take a shot at installing the SS1.

Admittedly, the RA is a super-easy installation. But just the same, she was very happy and impressed at how well I could get that seat in her vehicle in just a few minutes. I also had her locate the tether location in her vehicle manual so she could see how much carseat information is there, too. I could see where the tether anchor was located but it seemed a good opportunity to have her look it up in the manual.

So I am on cloud 9 here. This friend is very open to learning about safety and a very smart and nice person, so it was not a big deal or anything. Yet, I was worried that the chance would not come up to help out before her new one arrived.

ADS

abckidsmom

That's great! I just want to let you know that I get a much much better install with the seatbelt on my SS1. It is SO easy. Like 100 degree day, no breaking a sweat easy. I LOVE that seat, it's super easy to adjust the harness straps too.

singingpond

That's a nice story -- congratulations! And, it's great that your friend is so receptive to your help/advice in this area, and that her child will now ride more safely.

Dragonflymama

That's great! I just want to let you know that I get a much much better install with the seatbelt on my SS1. It is SO easy. Like 100 degree day, no breaking a sweat easy. I LOVE that seat, it's super easy to adjust the harness straps too.

Thanks Dana, I'll keep seatbelt in mind when we install her SS1.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC