Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    CPS Technician

Anyone had both a marathon and a FPSV

I wanted to know if there is anything that was missed by you when you used the fisherprice compared to the marathon? Did you like them both equally?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Anyone had both a marathon and a FPSV

while i havent owned both, i have used both. if i just needed a FFing seat, and had belts that didnt reqire a locking clip, i would go with the FPSVD over a MA. i like the the MA can tether rfing, and i would definately consider the price difference worth it. most kids wont get to the 65 weight limit on the MA anyways, and the 55 lbs is more realistic.

just my opinion

I have both. RF marathon and FF FPSV. The biggest difference is the RF tether, which is why I got the Marathon for RF. I love both seats. They are both very easy to istall and use.

Carseat Crazy

I haven't had a Marathon, but I do like my three FPSVDs. For me, the one thing that would be nice to have on the FPSVD is the lock-off (for use when I need to install RF with a seatbelt instead of LATCH.)

There are other differences, of course, but that's the one thing I could sometimes use.
    DS1 - 7.5 yrs, 56 lbs, 50" - Compass B510 Booster or Graco Turbobooster
    DS2 - 5 yrs, 45 lbs, 41" - Britax Husky, Graco Nautilus, Compass B510 Booster
    DD - 17 yrs, newly licensed

I only miss the rear teather. I actually like the harness better on the FPSVD. I don't care for the lock-offs so not an issue for me.
    DD 3 1/2 years old
    MA and FPSVD

The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the Fabric not being as nice, but of course my kids don't complain AT ALL.

Installing it without the rear-facing tether was all a bit weird to me, but now I am over that.

The straps feel a little thinner, but I have not had a prob with them twisted yet, nor do I think I will..

I actually missed the belly pad for helping me pull out the crotch strap though
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way