What booster should I get???

aeormsby

I'm trying to figure out what booster I should get for DD. She has a PWSGL that she uses in DH's truck right now. She's turning 6 in a month and our Marathons will expire in the spring/summer so she'll need a booster for my car so we can move DS to the FR's.

I measured her torso yesterday and it measures at 16" but the way she fits in seats is apparently much taller. She only has 1-2 clicks left on her FR80 and she's at least on the middle setting on the PW (haven't taken it out in a while to check exactly where it is).

So I am thinking one of the higher height boosters. First I was thinking Monterey, but then I saw a post about the guide changing and the belt coming out easily and that doesn't sound good. Then I realized the Vivo has pretty high guides too, so that's definitely in the running!

Does anyone have any pictures comparing kids in the PWSGL to either the Monterey or the Vivo (especially the Vivo)? Guess I should add that she's about 45lb. Any other seats I should check out? I was also interested in the new Turbo that's supposed to come out in January, maybe that will be a little taller than the current turbos.

I just really wish some of the seats were easier to find in stores!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I don't have any boosters (other than a couple boring Turbos and a Literider and a very expired Chase lol) but the CPST-I that taught my class and I work with occasionally has a TON of seats. I'm not sure what he has for boosters but I'd bet he at least has a Monterey and would happy to meet you with a few so you can try some out with DD before you order one. Send me an email if you want his info!

bubbaray

We have the original Monterey and a PW and a LBB similar to a Harmony (Apramo -- used for travel). DD#1 much prefers the Monterey, she says its more comfortable. I do like having the PW because it is light and easy to move to different vehicles. The Monterey is a beast to move.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC