Frontier in an accident

momtotwogirls

Would you use the frontier as a booster after an accidnet or should I go get a TB. I dont want to buy a harness seat until i get the insurance check. My oldest is 4y8m about 35lbs and 43 in tall. I took the harness out of the frontier to get home since I cant get an acceptable install with the seatbelt. she did really well in the booster and it fit great.

ADS

hrice

The seat did its job. Seats have a one crash lifespan. I definitely would not continue to use it.

Can you get a Maestro and then just have it as a back up once insurance replaces?

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

Last edited:

Jessica61624

I don't know the details of your crash but britax doesn't require replacement after every crash.

Also the booster has a 40lbs min IIRC

canadiangie

I saw the picture you posted. With 100% certainty, and regardless of any criteria being met or not, I would replace the seat. I'd keep the cover of course...

Glad you're ok btw. I know you loved your truck too, so it's sad to see it all smashed up.

And you know you should be so proud of yourself, right? Your kids came away from a side impact collision unharmed. Probably all because of you. :)

momtotwogirls

I don't know the details of your crash but britax doesn't require replacement after every crash.

Also the booster has a 40lbs min IIRC

I posted a pic in the community room. I figured using it as a booster was better than a VERY loose install to get home in my husbands mustang.

momtotwogirls

I saw the picture you posted. With 100% certainty, and regardless of any criteria being met or not, I would replace the seat. I'd keep the cover of course...

Glad you're ok btw. I know you loved your truck too, so it's sad to see it all smashed up.

And you know you should be so proud of yourself, right? Your kids came away from a side impact collision unharmed. Probably all because of you. :)

Yes I :love::love::love:my truck and its sad hut bow I can get what I wanted in the first place lol. I'm going to get a livia frontier and keep the cow cover. I am very proud but most of my gratitude goes to everyone here and on my other car seat baord. If it weren't for you guys my oldest would very likely have been in a booster and youngest forward.

Jessica61624

I posted a pic in the community room. I figured using it as a booster was better than a VERY loose install to get home in my husbands mustang.

I see it now. I agree but I was pointing out why you shouldn't continue to use it :thumbsup:Some companies require you to purchase a new seat and then they reimburse you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC