99 Explorer doesn't have tethers

Dliela

I called the Ford dealership near my home to see if they can install and they are charging $40 for the kit and $92/ hour for installation. They think it will take 1.5 hours to complete.:eek:

Does anyone know where I can have the tethers/anchors installed cheaper or even for FREE! I live in the Chicago, IL area. Zip code: 60453.

Thanks!

ADS

hsjwmom

It should definately be free. We had them installed in our '98 a few months ago. If you look in your manual in the carseat installation section, it will give you the info you need...

scatterbunny

Tell the dealer to look up program R7C. It requires dealers to install at least one tether anchor for free. Hardware is also free! :)

chelle80

:yeahthat: what scatterbunny said. Dealers have to install at least 1 free(labor and hardware), we just took a friends 97 explorer and had one installed. She was told she would have to pay too so she went in there with the money but when they were done they told her it was free.

Dliela

Okay, so I called the Ford dealer this morning.......

First of all, I was so annoyed when the guy didn't even know what I was talking about. He didn't know what a tether or anchor for a child car seat was. I had to explain it to him.

Once he understood what I was talking about, the service guy then gave me an attitude when I mentioned the R7C program and the word "free". He was like "we don't do that". I asked him to please look into it. So as it stands, he will call me back when he gets more information.

Does anyone know where I can find documentation on this program? I'd like to prove it to them if they say no.

hsjwmom

It should be in your manual, really! The local dealership did all 3 of ours for free. Read the carseat installation section carefully, it really is there! ;)

Dliela

I lucked out. A different tech called me back and said that this was totally possible. He apologized for the other guy and said he was new.

I have an appt. on Saturday :D

Thanks for all your help!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC