Graco Nautilus or another?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Situation:

* Almost six-year-old girl, around 45 pounds, around 44 inches in height, long-torsoed.

* Almost four-year-old boy, around 30-35 pounds, around 36 inches, long-torsoed.

Girl currently rides in two Regents and boy rides in a Marathon and a Roundabout. Both convertibles are going to expire soon.

The plan is to move both Regents to one car and to buy two new seats for the other car. Both children need to be in FF combo seats. Neither child is ready for a booster right now.

Parents would like to spend under $400 (total).

I think Nautiluses will likely be the way to go, but if you can help me find Frontiers for under $200/each, that would be even better.

Can you help me find Frontiers for under $200/each? I did find some on Amazon for around $212, but I'm trying to find even cheaper (if possible).

Or, can you help me find cheap Nautiluses?

ADS

rxmommy

A Nautilus seems to pop up on Nobetterdeal.com frequently. I could've sworn there were 2 of them there this morning but nothing right now.

tam_shops

What about 1 Frontier and 1 Maestro? The older child will only use it for another year or two and then the younger one can take it and they can get rid of the Maestro then.

The Maestro has the same harness height as the GN, just a lower weight (50#).

tam

SavsMom

Any chance they can wait just a little bit until the Evenflo Secure Kid will be out? I thought it was suppose to be out in December or January.

djma

My DS2 is exactly the same as the first child you described. He is already on the top slots of the nautilus. He does have room to grow and I have no doubt it will get him to 6 or even 6.5, but I would vote for a Frontier if you can find a good deal.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yeah, that's my fear about the Nautilus. :( She currently rides in a Nautilus in my car and doesn't have much room left at all. She *might* have half an inch or so? So, I think the Nautilus would likely only be used as a harnessed seat for another six months or so, and then it would need to be switched to a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC