Booster selection

BabyKaykes

I'm looking at the Recaro ProBooster, the Clek Oobr, and the Cybex Solution X-Fix

What are the pros/cons of each? Cybex is at the top of the list right now, since it's more narrow (my kid has no shoulders) and it has LATCH. Clek is right behind (mainly because of price point for the pattern we like). And the ProBooster is in third for lack of LATCH and possible tippiness. But on the list because it seems to be most like our Monarch, which is FABULOUS.

ADS

gsdguenter

Is there are reason you aren't looking at others? Like the Parkway SGL or Monterey? They both have LATCH if that is a concern for you.

I believe the X-Fix is short so if you have a tall LO you want to avoid that. Also, some kids feel like they are being pushed foward by it, out of the seat. There are some threads on here showing kids like that.

The ProBooster is good but can be tippy in some seating positions/cars.

Really, each booster has pros and cons and they are all very dependent one each child and car. I suggest trying some out in person and then ordering online once you've found one you like.

BabyKaykes

There's nothing I like about the Parkway. And not using the SG (which I wouldn't) would be a waste.

The Monterey was still quite wide in the shoulders last time we tried it, even in the most narrow setting.

DS is 6yo, 40+lb, and 40-some odd inches. I suppose it's time to measure again. But he's not tall at all, and has a really short torso.

melniemi

I've found the probooster to be tippy when it's extended taller. Shorter, no issues. Also works better in a captains chair for tippiness. I just cut 4" off a pool noodle, cut it in 1/2 length wise and stuck one piece under each side... No more tipping. That said, I really want an oobr when dd2 boosters :). Just because I can lol.

BabyKaykes

I've found the probooster to be tippy when it's extended taller. Shorter, no issues. Also works better in a captains chair for tippiness. I just cut 4" off a pool noodle, cut it in 1/2 length wise and stuck one piece under each side... No more tipping. That said, I really want an oobr when dd2 boosters :). Just because I can lol.

Interesting idea!

Any seat I get would be installed passenger side captain's chair.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've only ever played with the ProBooster out of your list, but I :love: it. I had no tippyness and the fit was fantastic on every child I've tried in it!

Baylor

It is tippy in my car in some positions. But my son fits awesome!

I am trying to picture the noodle fix. Of course I will have to wait for spring to get one. Lol.

auto-correct on the loose..

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It is tippy in my car in some positions. But my son fits awesome!

I am trying to picture the noodle fix. Of course I will have to wait for spring to get one. Lol.

auto-correct on the loose..

I have noodles if the tippyness is a problem right now so you don't have to wait.

autumnlily

The Chicco Strada is another seat to check out. It doesn't have LATCH but it fit my, then, tiny 5 year old like a glove. She, now 6, rides in a Oobr. But the Chiccco and ProBooster fit her better.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Oobr has fit Emma well and she's built VERY skinny. She loves it but does need something under her feet for leg support. I adore the recline, though. And the fabric.

molly&elle

I only played with the Oobr in store and dd didn't like it because of her long legs (guessing a little here btu he was squirmy and she's not a squirmy kid). I do have the Cybex and she loves it. FYI even though it has latch you are supposed to buckle it in when not in use.

I do think the probooster fits her a tad better for her skinnyness (she's not 49in an d45pds). the monarch was always too wide for her too.

When we buy again for dh's car I will buy a probooster I think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC