What is the difference between the Diono Radian R120 & the RXT?

ADS

Pixels

I believe that the headwings provide additional side impact protection. They definitely give LO a nice place to rest her head when she falls asleep. They don't adjust any lower than the third slots, so they are useless for a newborn, and they don't adjust any higher than the top slots so they can limit use of the seat as the child gets tall as well.

I have one of each style (Radian 65 and Radian XT) and I like them both for different reasons.

kevinandcat

Hmmm, lots to think about now. I had planned on getting the R120, but the headwings sound nice. But then I don't want to have to buy another seat if my son gets too tall.

pfb

I debated between the R120 and RXT. A lot. I ultimately went with the R120 (due to be delivered tomorrow!) for a few reasons:

1. The review that mentioned the RXT's headwings (interfering with seat belt retraction, resting on older child's shoulders) basically made the option of booster mode unusable to me.

2. The R100 and R120 both don't have headwings so shoulders shouldn't be a problem like in RXT and the allowability of shoulders being above the top shoulder harness slots as long as tops of the ears aren't over the shell means it might be usable a little longer as a harness heightwise than the RXT would be (as no headwings to interfere).

3. I have a Radian 65 and have been happy with it. It has no headwings, and my child sleeps in it OK. (They are fine in Recaros with headwings, too, but the R65 without them is also comfortable to them.)

I really went back and forth a lot because I like the idea of the protection from the headwings, but the above real-life usability was what swayed me to the R120.

I went with the R120 over the R100 simply because of the extra reinforcement that allows the higher weight limit, and the $20 extra for that was worth it as I plan to use this seat a long time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC