Can anyone tell me about this travel system?

VoodooChile

Long story short, my cousin is expecting and wants this travel system: http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...1&fb_ref=12319161&fb_source=profile_multiline

My aunt had her sold on a Keyfit 30, but now she wants this one. She's a first time mom, and I think she likes the stroller (she doesn't know anything about car seats). She doesn't jog, but she's tall and likes that the stroller handle adjusts. I don't know what her vehicle is; my aunt just said it's an SUV, but if there are any known incompatibilities I can let her know.
If anyone knows any info about this seat/stroller, I'd love to know so I can pass on the info!
Thanks!

ADS

EmmaGrace'sMom

It's an okay seat, the seat releases from the base near the babies feet if I recall correctly. It is pretty short though, maybe the shortest infant seat?

Pixels

The seat release is near baby's feet, which I greatly prefer. You don't have to have clearance between the head of the infant seat and the front vehicle seat to get your hand in to release it.

Puzzle buckle, some people hate it. I slightly prefer it.

Handle must be down in the car per the manual, either at the top of the shell or all the way down. The seat doesn't take up any more room with the handle all the way down than it does with the handle up. According to http://carseatblog.com/15161/abc-expo-2011-whats-new-from-baby-trend/, the handle can be left up.

The seat is a bit short but it's not any shorter than many other infant seats on the market. It fit my DD until right about a year.

Some people find that the seatbelt install is difficult. I have never had a problem with it in any of the dozens of vehicles I've tried.

ks227

A friend whose daughter is the same age as DD has that travel system. No complaints about the car seat (they transitioned their child to a RFing convertible at around 8 months) aside from a bit of difficulty with a seatbelt install of the base. She said that the triangle grip on the handle is kind of a nice feature for carrying the bucket.

They really like the stroller and are still using it.

jsta1005

If she is getting it because the stroller has an adjustable handle you could steer her towards a Keyfit and a Cortina. The Cortina is a decent stroller and it has an adjustable handle too. There are also Graco strollers that have adjustable handles too if she wanted other options.

VoodooChile

How are the latch hooks? I just checked it out at BRU (we were there getting ds a potty watch :rolleyes:) and I noticed the latch hooks different than any I'd ever seen.

mama2girls

I had a Baby Trend infant seat. I actually really liked it. Base is not easy to install, but we had a older car w/o LATCH and locking seatbelts, so I was messing with a locking clip. Fairly likely that noodles will be needed too.

Dmcj13

I have the baby trend car seat and loved it when ds was itty bitty, but as soon as he passed up 17 pounds it became impossible to buckle him, the crotch buckle was wayy to short and we were about out of adjuster strap as well. The latch on it is really nice and is a breeze to install in all vehicles we have tried, though I imagine it would be harder in a car where the lower anchors were completely buried.

Haley.h87

I have a baby trend jogging stroller and I really hate it. I loved it at first, but then the wheels would shake like crazy when I was jogging, or even walking fast. I took it back to BRU and they exchanged it, but this one does it too now. I have no idea about the carseat, but imo my Chicco stroller (trevi ) is much better. Much smaller fold, more comfortable seat for DD, and not awkward like the baby trend.

Pixels

I have the baby trend car seat and loved it when ds was itty bitty, but as soon as he passed up 17 pounds it became impossible to buckle him, the crotch buckle was wayy to short and we were about out of adjuster strap as well. The latch on it is really nice and is a breeze to install in all vehicles we have tried, though I imagine it would be harder in a car where the lower anchors were completely buried.

Did you adjust the crotch strap? It is adjustable and actually you are required to keep it set in a certain way. It's long enough for both my cloth diapered, chunky thigh 20 pound DS and my 30 pound 3.5yo (though toddler has outgrown it, her head is even with the top of the shell).

The LATCH anchors in my car are buried and I like the connectors on this seat. Cheapy hooks are difficult to get in there.

Mags462

A babytrend was the only bucket i used with my kids - i bought it in mid 2005 and used it for my 06,08,and 09 babies..... i used it right up until it expired with DS3. Its a really popular seat around here - i see more of them than even Gracos :eek:

Anyways, i am not sure what upgrades have been done since my 2005 version, but i always installed with latch and it was easy. Releasing it from the base was a little tricky for the novice grandparents who only did it occasionally, but DH and i had it down pat. (It stuck a little for some reason, so the gp's always thought it was broken ;)) My biggest and really only main complaint for the thing was the PITA handle... omg, maybe it was just mine but that handle would stick something horrid sometimes. It was like a temperamental teenager.... i would really have to finesse it to release once locked some times.... but hey, i paid $40 on clearance at BRU for the whole travel system so i wasn't about to gripe lol!

I probably wouldnt buy another if there is a baby #4 but mainly because i am now a car seat snob and like the features of the nicer seats! ;)

mominabigtruck

Ugh, $239 and it's not even the moveable headrest? I have a flex loc sitting on my porch right now, I'm not feeling the love but I would use it over a cheap sr or evenflo infant seat.
Posted via Mobile Device

VoodooChile

Thank you, everyone! I've passed on the info to my aunt, who will be able to pass it on to my cousin. I remember how overwhelming this all was with the first baby, not really knowing much about how car seats and strollers worked. I just remembered thinking we "should" get a travel system, and wanting everything to match. It was so much easier with ds, knowing more about all the gear!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC