Yay to the pediatrician!

BabyKaykes

Bebe turned 12 months today. His 12mth appt was today. 32.5" tall (gonna have to give up the CCO sooner than I hoped), 21.9lb.

Conversation went:

Ped: Is he walking?
Mom: And running, and climbing.
Ped: He rides in a rear-facing carseat still?
Mom: Yes
Ped: Good, leave him rear-facing until at least his next birthday. Longer is fine, as long as he still fits. Still on formula?

I smiled inside. It was awesome. :cool:

ADS

jjordan

Yay! :D None of our peds has ever said anything about car seats. (We've had a few because of moving.) Better to say nothing than to give out terrible information, I guess, but better yet to have a ped who encourages ERF! :)

MorgieBear'sMama

Yay!

I was hoping our pedi would ask at the 12mo appt and I was disapointed she didn't until I realized I carried them in in their seats.

Ashley
Mama to Morgan- 2/25/04
Jackson and Colton- 11/1/10

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Our ped never asks, because she knows I'm a CPST. Heck, once she even asked my advice on what to tell parents whose kids can get their arms out of the straps. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ProudMommysince09

Awesome, more docs should be behind this and give parents the proper info, or stress the topic a little more. Any of the peds we ever had never mentioned anything about carseats either..

ripley

That's great. None of our several pedi's said anything until DS's 4 year appointment with a new pedi. She asked if he was in a harness still and I said yes, he just turned FF. She smiled and said that was great.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
My ped says she's hoping the law will change to keep kids RF until FOUR! When she heard I had a car seat that would RF to 45 lbs, she got excited and asked me to fax her more info so she'd have something to recommend for her clients who have really big kids.

We don't always see eye to eye on a lot of things, but I'm glad I have a ped who understands about car safety.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Two thumbs up!

I had a former nanny fam that I expected to fight me on ERF their daughter (they didn't.) Later on, I found out why -- apparently their ped told them to RF her until she turned 3! I was like, way to go ped!

Thrilled to hear that word continues to be spread! :)

molly&elle

Our first ped HIGHLY suggested all car seats get checked by a tech! That was the first question when we came in for dd's newborn check.
I loved her but we had to change because our ins changed.

mollysw

Adriana had her 1 year check up today and the ped always says make sure anytime she is in a car she is in the proper car seat. I said yeah she is still rear facing not thinking he would even say anything. But he said good she needs to be rf until at LEAST 2!! I was so proud!

carseatfreak

Our ped says something along the lines that our little ones should still be rear facing and should do so as long as possible every time we are there for a checkup. :) I heart him! Good for dh to hear from someone other than me too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC