Totally bummed about my NBD Keyfit!

rxmommy

It came today - brand new, box doesn't even look opened or beat-up. I can't remember if it was listed as an open box item or not. It's still wrapped in plastic and the tags are attached.

But it's 18 months old!!!! :eek::(:mad: DOM July 2010. Or maybe it's June. Summer, anyway. My baby isn't due for another 6 months and then will probably use it for around a year so that means by the time I'm done with it it will have only half its 6 years left!!!

So very bummed about that. I got a year-old TB from them too, but I can hardly complain for a seat that cost $25. The RA55 I bought from them a few months ago (which was listed as As-is but came brand new in a dinged-up box) was less than 2 months old.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Did you pay 75% or less of the price? If so, you still got a great deal per ride on the life it has left.

Wendy

jsmom

For that price I would be okay with it being that old! Im hoping another one pops up and I catch it.

featherhead

Here in Canada a Keyfit costs $250. So only paying $25 and losing 18 months sounds like an excellent deal to me. It's like paying for 7 or 8 months of use!

Baylor

featherhead said:
Here in Canada a Keyfit costs $250. So only paying $25 and losing 18 months sounds like an excellent deal to me. It's like paying for 7 or 8 months of use!

She paid 25 for the tb not the key fit.
What did you pay for that?

auto-correct on the loose..

rxmommy

Yeah I'd be thrilled with a KF for $25 lol! It was about $100 with shipping. So very much a good deal. And the Miro pattern may grow on me. :love: Midori is still by far my favorite, though. Wonder if I can buy a cover from Chicco.

I gotta get Sophie in it just for curiosity's sake. When we gave her KF to my sister she still fit in it although she did not ride in it anymore. She's 23 months and I wouldn't be suprised if she fits!

ajewel

I've found KF30's for $95 at Target during their clearances from time to time, so $97 isn't all that stellar, especially for an 18mo seat.

Syllieann

I don't think $100 is a fantastic enough deal for it to be that old unless you don't think you'll need the extra life. If you end up having to buy another seat for that last year that it would have been good, you will be out even more money than if you bought the kf at regular price. I just got my b-safe today from them, which cost me $72 ppd w/ the free shipping, 10% off code. It looks perfect, dom is 7/28/11. I figured it couldn't be any older than this summer which is why I chose the b-safe over OB35 of KF. There is another b-safe on there still, maybe you could see if they would exchange it and then you'd be guaranteed a 2011 dom.

rxmommy

Still debating on whether to keep it or not....they don't seem to come up all that often so who knows if I can score another deal like that!

We will not be using all of the life of the seat - this is the last. I may give it to my SIL for her next one (since she has my expired Snugride and won't give it back :mad:) but honestly I had just planned on selling it when we're done with it.

Don't think I'm interested in a B-safe, but I don't know anything about them. I :love::love: the KF with Sophie so that's what I want again.

cupcakepirate11

I personally would keep it,
if you have a seat you like and you got a good deal on it than why return it? three years is still pretty good in my opinion. Maybe I am just stingy, I hope i wasn't offensive.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd keep it. 97$ for a seat with 4.5 years is very fair compared to buying it new for $189 for 5.5 years like you could at a store. And it's a really fun pattern, normally you have to pay more for the cover you actually want (even if it's not Midori...).

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Since this is your last, I would absolutely 100% keep it. You got a good deal on it, and there's enough life left in it to use it for your LO and pass it on (even sell it) to someone for another baby.

I don't see why you shouldn't keep it. It is your last baby and you will get to use the seat you have wanted for your new baby. Not sure that you will find a better deal or that it would be worth the return shipping and hassle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC