Got my NBD Nautilus today...

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
and it's going back. :thumbsdown::mad: This was supposed to be a Christmas present for my kiddo who is in an expired RA.

It was listed as new with distressed packaging. It is NOT new. The adjuster strap is fuzzy on one side like they get with repeated use, the seat has food crumbs in the bottom, there is NO paperwork for it, and the DOM on the seat does NOT match the DOM on the box.

Thumbs way down for this one...

ADS

mimieliza

Ugh! It sounds like someone returned an old one in a new box and kept the newer seat. I hope that they refund your shipping costs.

MorgieBear'sMama

:thumsdown: I have always been scared of NBD carseats just b/c you never know what you are getting.

Ashley
Mama to Morgan- 2/25/04
Jackson and Colton- 11/1/10

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Ugh! It sounds like someone returned an old one in a new box and kept the newer seat. I hope that they refund your shipping costs.

That was my thought too. Scammers suck.

I was hesitant when I saw it sitting on my front porch with duct tape across the box to hold it closed. I opened it *just because of that* and when I saw what was in there I was not happy and called to ask to return it.

They are supposed to be emailing me a PPD UPS label. I am NOT happy since now I'm scrambling again, but it sounds like they are going to take it back at no cost to me.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Sounds like someone took there old one after getting the new one and returned it to me :thumbsdown:

That's what I think, too. I'm glad NBD is taking it back for you. I've heard of similar situations from NBD before, but I've always heard that they are good about returns in situations like that.

My FR85 in Onyx arrived from them today. It's new, perfect, still in the plastic, still smells new, cards attached, with a DOM of Sept. 2011. So I couldn't be happier.

jsmom

If someone really swapped out the seat, that is too bad. Im happy they are taking it back at no cost to you.

Mine came in the mail the other day but it was clearly new. Im sorry it didnt work out for you. :(

Brigala

CPST Instructor
They still have a couple of Nautis for sale on their page... could they not exchange it for you?

crunchierthanthou

What a bummer! I've only had good luck with NBD so far (some pretty rough looking boxes, but the seats were fine). I'm surprised yours was in such bad shape. I just had an order cancelled from them this morning that said,

I’m sorry to inform you of this, but this car seat cannot be shipped in its present condition. There are “refused” labels all over the outside of the box and when we opened it up prior to shipment, we noticed a lot of damage to the seat.

So they cancelled my order, and gave me a code for 10% off a future order.

I once got a seat from Wayfair that was supposed to be a Marathon 70, but was an old style BVCS. :(

christineka

I received a used seat from nbd. They did take it back, but told me that they wouldn't allow any more returns from me where the seat fit the condition. "as-is" can be used.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Ugh...there is a Go listed on there which is the other seat I was looking for, and would actually prefer...I haven't gotten the email for my PPD label yet, I wonder if I should call and ask them if I can swap them out?

New grandma

I got a trike Friday, listed as open box, that was missing parts. I called this morning and already have the free return shipping. They were very nice and are exchanging it for one that was more expensive (new, damaged box) at no extra charge.

I would call and ask them to exchange it. It will also save you shipping on the new one.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
The Vivo I got was a new Amazon return - the box looked the same as if I had bought it from the store (and since it was replacing my Big Lots Vivo, the NBD Vivo box was a lot less banged up, lol). The dates matched, the registration card was still attached, etc. It also had the return print out from Amazon in the box.........

Reason for return wad that the seat was already a year old (DOM 8/2010). What I love is that I bought my Big Lots one new at over 2 years old for about the same price. So for me it was a score,lol!

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I got my return label today. No 10% off code even when I called to talk to CS, but there was a free shipping code, so I wound up ordering the Go!...hopefully this one is actually new in a damaged box.

They might hate me for it, but I wrote on the shipping tape to close the box, "USED! DOM on box sticker does not match DOM on carseat" that way someone else (hopefully) doesn't get it thinking that it's new.

I'll go drop it off at UPS tomorrow.

JujuMama

They might hate me for it, but I wrote on the shipping tape to close the box, "USED! DOM on box sticker does not match DOM on carseat" that way someone else (hopefully) doesn't get it thinking that it's new.

I'll go drop it off at UPS tomorrow.

This is awesome. :D

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I decided to risk it and ordered the Go...and it came today. Holy cow, it has an 11/1/11 DOM...yup it's brand new. My 3yo saw it when it came (oops! LOL) and hugged my legs, "It's a new seat for ME!?! Yippee!"

So as long as they credit me back for my returned Nautilus, then everything should be good!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC