Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Sigh... local accident, improperly restrained kiddos (Vehicle crash mentioned, vehicle picture in post)

Has this been posted?

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_19520663

Driver was unbuckled and ejected from the vehicle, state patrol specifically said that the 2 & 5 year old were improperly restrained.

Edit - I just noticed where they said the most severely injured child was a 3 year old in a booster seat.

The good news is that they linked to our state CPST locator in several of the stories I saw. And he kids survived at least initially, they haven't released updated conditions or anything.

So sad though.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Sigh... local accident, improperly restrained kiddos (Vehicle crash mentioned, vehicle picture in post)

That's so sad P&PT for their recoveries...

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Re: Sigh... local accident, improperly restrained kiddos (Vehicle crash mentioned, vehicle picture in post)

So sad and infuriating at the same time.
    Mama to DS:10/03-Harmony Transit, DD 1/06 Parkway, DD2 4/10- Nextfit/frontier DD3 7/13- Pria

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

here's the clip where the officer is talking about the misuse and encouraging seat checks-

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-7-inju...,2612065.story

6. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    here's the clip where the officer is talking about the misuse and encouraging seat checks-

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-7-inju...,2612065.story
    Thanks for the video - I'm glad he really pointed out that the 3 year old was far too small for a booster - hopefully there were a few parents out there listening.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

dh was actually the one who saw it the other night. It was their top story at 9. He came and told me I should look it up.

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

I saw a different clip on the news the other night and hadn't gotten around to looking for more info since then.

I hope the kids are OK and that their parents learn a very scary lesson.

And I'm glad the media is pushing the fact that they weren't properly buckled also, maybe that will help another similar story.
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel