Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VanIsleMommy

Thumbs up true fits on sale $99 online - BRU

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....uctId=13239703

$20 shipping but apparently you can get it shipped to the store for less

(oh if you add something for $1 you get $20 off shipping)

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

They're $99 in the stores too. Older DOMs (late 2010-early 2011).
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

5. Thank You from:

Re: true fits on sale $99 online - BRU

Thanks OP. Grabbed one online. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get shipped one with later DOM.

The Lamaze TF is at regular price. Is it because the Lamaze one has later DOM or is there a difference b/w the First Years and Lamaze TF? TIA
    http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....uctId=11592290

The Lamaze ones are newer and a BRU exclusive. They are a bit more than the The First Years version anyway...nicer cover, etc.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

8. Thank You from:

VanIsleMommy

I grabbed one too.... with the shorter shell for infants I can leave this installed in dh's truck without him complaining about seat room.

Sold out online..

Back in stock online

12. Thank You from:

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

First Years rebranded their stuff as Lamaze this year, so the difference between First Years an Lamaze will indicate the date of manufacture period on them.

I'm fairly certain that all The First years seats for $99 are all manufactured in the 2nd quarter of 2010 and have essentially 4.5yrs left before expiring.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

14. Thank You from:

Mine just arrived today and dom is jan11 2010. Should I just return it? Canadian tire has true fits as first years Dom June 2012. When are they all changing to Lamaze?
    DD1 9 years 58 pounds 50inches clek Oobr/frontier CT,Solana, DD2 6.5 years, 48 pounds, 46.5 inches Clek oobr, frontier CT, cambria, DS 5 years, 36 pounds, 42 inches FF boulevard click tight/Frontier CT. All riding in Two 2015 8 pass Oddy.

Quote Originally Posted by farrbabies View Post
    Mine just arrived today and dom is jan11 2010. Should I just return it? Canadian tire has true fits as first years Dom June 2012. When are they all changing to Lamaze?
    Hmm - all of our First Years strollers/Car Seats have been branded as Lamaze for a good 9 or 10 months. But I'm trying to remember where the branding is now. Whether it's in the manual or on the box or somewhere else.

I'd base the decision to return on if you need a maximum lifespan out of the seat or not. Is an extra 2.5 yrs worth $130 to you? If so then return it and get the newer one. If not, then keep the one you have and worry about the next seat when this one expires.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

17. Thank You from:

Now I'm worried about the DOM on my yet to be delivered seat. The sale is advertised in a sale effective tomorrow on the BRU flyer but the link doesn't work anymore.

In how many years do True Fits expire from DOM? Thanks

Moderator - CPST Instructor Pixelated's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by new2009 View Post
    Now I'm worried about the DOM on my yet to be delivered seat. The sale is advertised in a sale effective tomorrow on the BRU flyer but the link doesn't work anymore.

In how many years do True Fits expire from DOM? Thanks
    Seven years.
    Jen ~ Canadian CPST-IT with CPSAC

20. Thank You from:

VanIsleMommy

Mine is a Jan 1 2010 DOM - good until 2017. to me, $99 for a seat that is going to last 5 years is a great deal... especially considering the other seat options in that price range.

22. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleMommy View Post
    Mine is a Jan 1 2010 DOM - good until 2017. to me, $99 for a seat that is going to last 5 years is a great deal... especially considering the other seat options in that price range.
    That's my line of thinking too. Especially for families who are buying the seat for a kid who is 10 or 11 months old, the seat is going to last most of them until their kid is moving in to a booster. And I don't know of any other $99 seat that can do that by both weight and height for most kids.

24. Thank You from:

If these were manufactured in early 2010, are they 2012 compliant? If not, are there safety disadvantages b/w this version and the 2012 compliant version? I'm not going to compromise safety for $120 in savings. Thanks.

VanIsleMommy

yes, the version BRU is selling with the anti rebound bar and all Lamaze brand true fits are 2012 compliant.

27. Thank You from:

I really like the blue in the pattern. I also like the corduroy. I actually got mine at 10% off because they made a mistake with my last order. They also gave me free shipping. So I can't complain for $94 after taxes. Plus I didn't know it was a 7 year life Span. So that's great for me. I really like the true fit. My son is 3 and 27 pounds and I should be able to keep him rfing in the van till 4. And on a side note I wish this seat was more readily available at Walmart etc. It's super easy to install. Oh Walmart price matches online. But you have to buy at full price then get a refund for the sale. But you "may" get a better dom?
    DD1 9 years 58 pounds 50inches clek Oobr/frontier CT,Solana, DD2 6.5 years, 48 pounds, 46.5 inches Clek oobr, frontier CT, cambria, DS 5 years, 36 pounds, 42 inches FF boulevard click tight/Frontier CT. All riding in Two 2015 8 pass Oddy.

Moderator - CPST Instructor Pixelated's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farrbabies View Post
    I really like the blue in the pattern. I also like the corduroy. I actually got mine at 10% off because they made a mistake with my last order. They also gave me free shipping. So I can't complain for $94 after taxes. Plus I didn't know it was a 7 year life Span. So that's great for me. I really like the true fit. My son is 3 and 27 pounds and I should be able to keep him rfing in the van till 4. And on a side note I wish this seat was more readily available at Walmart etc. It's super easy to install. Oh Walmart price matches online. But you have to buy at full price then get a refund for the sale. But you "may" get a better dom?
    Canadian Tire is now carrying it. It wasn't on the shelf at my store but I asked for it (in general, not to buy) and they are now planning to keep it stocked.
    Jen ~ Canadian CPST-IT with CPSAC

Does Canadian Tire price match as well? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by new2009
    Does Canadian Tire price match as well? Thanks
    Yes but for the exact identical pattern and model. So in this case. No.

32. Thank You from: