Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

non compliant seats.

Who do you contact? I found one for sale at Sears on Monday. Evenflo with z handle. I have been home in Canada for a funeral.
    Summer Dec 2005 80 pounds, Leah Aug 2007 40 pounds
    Eryn Aug 2012 22 pounds,Mallory 15months and Logan
    Rebecca, 3 months adopted in April, weighing 13 and a half pounds.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Re: non compliant seats.

Health Canada. Though if you're in Edmonton and it was the West Edmonton Mall store, feel free to email me and I'll email them a f/u about my original complaint.

Looks like Sears needs a big fine... Nearly a year later and they're still selling non-compliant seats? Ridiculous...
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post
    Health Canada. Though if you're in Edmonton and it was the West Edmonton Mall store, feel free to email me and I'll email them a f/u about my original complaint.

Looks like Sears needs a big fine... Nearly a year later and they're still selling non-compliant seats? Ridiculous...
    No it was in Lloydminster.

VanIsleMommy

Thumbs down Re: non compliant seats.

this is totally unacceptable. they were given 2 years warning, then health canada was reported to (NUMEROUS TIMES) and head office even ACKNOWLEDGED the noncompliant seats and claimed to remove them from the website and shelves, so it's not like they're unaware. Now they're selling 2 year old illegal stock? ridiculous.

I for one refuse to buy any car seat or child product from sears after this.

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleMommy View Post
    this is totally unacceptable. they were given 2 years warning, then health canada was reported to (NUMEROUS TIMES) and head office even ACKNOWLEDGED the noncompliant seats and claimed to remove them from the website and shelves, so it's not like they're unaware. Now they're selling 2 year old illegal stock? ridiculous.

I for one refuse to buy any car seat or child product from sears after this.
    Yep. I know that many of them are franchise owned, but it's still no excuse. I don't trust them to not be selling other recalled products seeing as I know they're still selling this product. Are they also selling recalled cribs and high chairs?

I also have no issue telling parents at work to be careful shopping at sears because they sell non-compliant stock. In today's economy, one would think they'd be a little more careful about keeping their customers and selling LEGAL product...
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

My best friends grandma before she got very ill a couple of years ago used to be the baby and kids section manager. If it was still her I would have simply talked to her, and took the information about it. It wasn't a display item. It was a box with a travel system. It was normally $250 and was marked at $175.

I've made a habit of checking EVERY seat I see in a store for compliance. I haven't yet found anything non-compliant, besides in local thrift stores (who has been notified, reported, etc as necessary). I always just assume that the big box stores are good about those things!
    I know Zellers was doing it at one point, so I haven't recommended them for a while... Looks like Sears is off my list as well!