Parkway SGL question

mamamichelle

I'm all set to get Parkway SGL's for my kids, with one concern...I saw a review on Amazon that said the shoulder belt stays slack when their kids lean forward and then back creating a safety hazard. I don't know if that is a typical experience, or perhaps a problem with one particular car, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks for your help! (for reference we have a Honda Odessey and a Subaru Forrester.)

ADS

aeormsby

That is probably more of a car/booster compatibility thing.

We have the SGL for my DD who is almost 6, in our Truck it with the back at the height that is is currently it doesn't retract on it's own if she leans forward. But she knows to reach up and feed the belt back into the retractor so it's snug. It's much less of an issue in our Saturn (IIRC, it hasn't been in there much at all) and I think I was able to get the vehicle seat back adjusted so that it was retracting better.

creideamh

Yeah, this happens with my godmother's DD's TB in her... I have no idea what car, but some crossover SUV with a tiny 3rd row backseat (where the girl sits.)

FWIW, the PWSG does not have this issue in my mom's Forester.

a_js

It's a car/booster compatibility thing, and it is seriously annoying--happens in my car sometimes. DS is good about making sure his belt is snug, luckily.

::er!ca::

Yep, it's an issue in the 2nd row of my Sedona. It's annoying, I have to fix it almost every time. It's no an issue in my sister's Traverse or my mom's T&C. I'm thinking about getting my DD a new booster and moving the PWKY SGL to my husband's car.

luckyclov

If the issue compromises the shoulder belt's ability to retract properly (and swiftly), it's an incompatible combination. Not all boosters are compatible with all vehicles, or even all seating positions within the same vehicle.

mlohry

I have tried this seat in our 2005 Ody and it's OK, not great. The SG is horrible in the 3rd row especially. The SGL is ok. The FR 85 in booster mode and our current seat the HB TB are very good.

I have one in the 3rd row (middle seat) of my 06 Odyssey and it seems to retract fine. My daughter is often leaning forward to try and comfort (talk to) the baby and I have never noticed it not recovering quickly once she sat back.

mimieliza

Um, hi. Are you me? I'm Michelle, I have a Forester and an Odyssey and I'm considering a Parkway booster. :eek:

Anyway, I think I'm going to go try one out in my Ody. I'll let you know how it goes.

mimieliza

Okay, I ended up ordering an SGL after trying it in my , even though I don't have Latch. Lap and shoulder belt fit were perfect on my 42", 41 lb. DD. She is 5. I also preferred the fabric on the SGL as opposed to the SG version, and I know that my DD would end up hating the crotch strap on the SG.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC