Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar
    Is there a big difference in the installation, or between the manuals? I have an installation in an hour and I'm not sure which version they have. The internet here is crapping out and I'm not sure I can get both manuals downloaded.

my phone thinks it's smarter than I am.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Re: orbit original vs g2

There's no difference that I can recall.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

I haven't installed the older one, but I know the newer one is WAY easy and there aren't many 'special' rules for it. With the g2, the seat back is supposed to be in the fully upright position according to the manual, but I've asked since my car requires one click back and they said to go by the car manual, if it has a rule. Before installing the base make sure the adjuster is all the way in, then once getting latch or seatbelt tight, use the adjuster knob at the front. There is an angle indicator on the inside of the base. I believe the older model doesn't have a lock off. The newer one can be somewhat of a pain with the lock off because the 'button' or fold of fabric to hold the latch plate up on the seatbelt can get in the way of the lock off. This is pretty easily solved with the adjuster knob though to tighten it. If you want to see some pics of it both installed and just ones of the seat, you can check out my pics here. I believe they're public.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5086140&type=1
    Hope that works and helps a bit. Oh, they also upped the weight and height limits as of Feb. I believe. Orbit was sending out stickers if that's the case for the seat they own. Here's the info about it.
    http://www.orbitbaby.com/en/car-seat-weight-rating/
    Mommy to L - 11.5 yrs, 160 lbs, 4'9" riding in seat belt
    F - 4.5 yrs, 33 lbs, 39" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestome
    A - 3 yrs, 32 lbs, 37" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestone

Perfect! Thanks. I haven't touched, let alone installed one in at least 3 years.

my phone thinks it's smarter than I am.

Thanks for the info. It was the G2 and super easy. Really, it made the SR 30 I did immediately after it look difficult.