DH has car seat envy

niccig

I explain to DH why we can't use the Touriva as a spare seat anymore, and what our options are, buy new spare seat or new seat for his car. There were no arguments. He wants to make the Uptown in his car the spare seat, and he wants a new car seat for his car. But he's envious of my BV, well DS's BV, that's in my car. He told me he was tired of having the "lesser" seat, for want of a better word. DS is still RF and will for a while (27lbs at 2.5 yo), so I think we'll get a Recaro if they live up to the hype. It means I won't have it in my car until DS hits 33lbs, but I can wait. I never thought DH would care about carseats, but apparently he does.

ADS

easterbun

My DH was actually *dissapointed* that the two radians I ordered a few months ago were both for MY car! He assumed one was for him.. not realizing that I had to take the Boulevard out of my car to even make all 3 kids fit in the back.

Loves2sing

My dh is barley out of the mind set that a 2 year old would be just as safe in a booster seat.:rolleyes: Well he's not that bad, but carseat envy is not a problem here. I wish I had that problem. I could have some pretty cool seats. The only thing he insists on is the right color. Gray. BORING!!!:p

niccig

It's a pity DS is still RF otherwise I would have gone for a safeguard seat. He's all about gadgets, so I'm sure I could have convinced him on it. :D This is his seat, so I'll let him choose the colour too.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Dh was that way too for awhile. Then one day he actually went and bought a Britax for his truck with out me knowning it. I was shocked but happy as he picked the Britax MA that Kaylee was in for years. But, He picked an UGLY cover (Racer) IMO for a girl but it was for his truck and I was just glad he bought a good seat.

But, As soon as Kinlee outgrew her Snugride I stole the MA from him and replaced it with a Graco CarGo Platinum. Hey I need the Britax's in my car (RA & MA) since I had both girls the most.

Then last April he got mad again with having the less nice once and told me he wanted a Britax again. So, That is when I bought him the Regent but again he choice an ugly cover (Onyx) for a girl. I should have just ordered the Cougar I really wanted and claimed they were sold out of the Onyx.

So, As it sits right now we both have a Regent & MA in both vehicles. My mom even got in on the Britax bandwagon back in Feb/March and ordered a MA & PW for her PT Cruiser.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC