Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Our Sienna didn't come with a manual. We have an 8 passenger and took out one seat to make a better aisle to the 3rd row. We have the extra seat folded in the cargo area, we don't want it in the house, we don't have a garage, and we like that if needed, we'd have it with us and we could put it back in whenever, so it will stay in the cargo area.
    I want it tied down for extra security.
    I looked in the cargo area today and saw some anchors on the side of "the pit" that is nearest to the door, I don't see anything on the side that is the back of the vehicle seats. Are there anchors somewhere that I'm not seeing?
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Anyone? Anyone with a Sienna?
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Re: Sienna cargo tie down anchors?

Th cargo tie down anchors are in the cargo area. (I mistakenly attempted to tether to one.) The tether anchors are just below the back of the third row seats and the rest of the anchors are for cargo. I don't think there are any others.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

I only see cargo anchors on one side, the side nearest to the door. I don't see any on the side that is the back of the seats. Are there supposed to be anchors there?
    Mom to:

They have hooks back there for shopping bags. Maybe that is what you see? I have them across the back of the cargo area.
    DD1 12 Seatbelt
    DS 10 Seatbelt
    DD2 8months Keyfit

Lift up the flap near the bottom of the seatback to find the tether anchors (for carseats). The cargo anchors are out near the door. Are you looking for a way to hook cargo straps across the extra seat? I think you can buy a cargo net that attaches to some other buttons that stick out of the side walls. Otherwise, I would attach the strap to one cargo anchor, around the seat, and attach it to the cargo anchor and rachet it tight.
    Renee
    CPST-I and Special Needs Trained
    Mom to 22yo seatbelt, 17yo seatbelt, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    They have hooks back there for shopping bags. Maybe that is what you see? I have them across the back of the cargo area.
    Yeah, I saw those. At first glance I thought they were anchors too but then I realized they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by spokaneCPST View Post
    Lift up the flap near the bottom of the seatback to find the tether anchors (for carseats). The cargo anchors are out near the door. Are you looking for a way to hook cargo straps across the extra seat? I think you can buy a cargo net that attaches to some other buttons that stick out of the side walls. Otherwise, I would attach the strap to one cargo anchor, around the seat, and attach it to the cargo anchor and rachet it tight.
    Yeah, I was imagining a strap or two crossing over the folded up seat on each side. So the way I should do it is hook the strap in, set the seat on top of it then hook the strap back to the same anchor and tighten it?
    Mom to: