Sienna cargo tie down anchors?

Holly

Our Sienna didn't come with a manual. We have an 8 passenger and took out one seat to make a better aisle to the 3rd row. We have the extra seat folded in the cargo area, we don't want it in the house, we don't have a garage, and we like that if needed, we'd have it with us and we could put it back in whenever, so it will stay in the cargo area.
I want it tied down for extra security.
I looked in the cargo area today and saw some anchors on the side of "the pit" that is nearest to the door, I don't see anything on the side that is the back of the vehicle seats. Are there anchors somewhere that I'm not seeing?

ADS

christineka

Th cargo tie down anchors are in the cargo area. (I mistakenly attempted to tether to one.) The tether anchors are just below the back of the third row seats and the rest of the anchors are for cargo. I don't think there are any others.

Holly

I only see cargo anchors on one side, the side nearest to the door. I don't see any on the side that is the back of the seats. Are there supposed to be anchors there?

Chameleon

They have hooks back there for shopping bags. Maybe that is what you see? I have them across the back of the cargo area.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Lift up the flap near the bottom of the seatback to find the tether anchors (for carseats). The cargo anchors are out near the door. Are you looking for a way to hook cargo straps across the extra seat? I think you can buy a cargo net that attaches to some other buttons that stick out of the side walls. Otherwise, I would attach the strap to one cargo anchor, around the seat, and attach it to the cargo anchor and rachet it tight.

Holly

They have hooks back there for shopping bags. Maybe that is what you see? I have them across the back of the cargo area.

Yeah, I saw those. At first glance I thought they were anchors too but then I realized they weren't.

Lift up the flap near the bottom of the seatback to find the tether anchors (for carseats). The cargo anchors are out near the door. Are you looking for a way to hook cargo straps across the extra seat? I think you can buy a cargo net that attaches to some other buttons that stick out of the side walls. Otherwise, I would attach the strap to one cargo anchor, around the seat, and attach it to the cargo anchor and rachet it tight.

Yeah, I was imagining a strap or two crossing over the folded up seat on each side. So the way I should do it is hook the strap in, set the seat on top of it then hook the strap back to the same anchor and tighten it?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC