Evenflo Big Kid Manual?

AJCard

CPS Technician
Does anyone know where I can find an owners manual for the Evenflo Big Kid? We're taking a little girl to school three days a week (We live a block away so we walk most days, but I drive if it's too cold or rainy.) Her mom gave me a booster for her and (SHOCKING!) it has a date of Jan 2010 so I'm not worried about that at all.
I know Evenflo has weird rules about air bags. I drive a 2011 Equinox with side impact airbags which I'm assuming doesn't jive with that seat?
I would just like to have a copy of the manual so I can read it over (and have it for future reference too).

Thanks!
Amanda
CPST and SAHM

ADS

kirst

Sorry to but in but I have a thread in the car section about the 11 equinox. Please take a look im not getting many answers toward that car.

kirst

For newer than 2002 cars you have to go by your cars manual for sid air bags. It also say to never put anythingbetween the seat ans where the airbag would be.

AJCard

CPS Technician
Re: Evenflo Big Kid/Chevy Equinox

Just wanted to update:

The Big Kid manual says for model year 2002 and newer "refer to you vehicle owner's manual before placing this restraint in a seating position equipped with a side air bag. DO NOT place any objects between the restraint and the side air bag, as an expanding air bag may cause the items to strike your child."

My vehicle manual stated general things about not adding things to the seat, not placing a restraint in the front, etc. Nothing specific about car seats and the side air bags.

I called Chevy this morning for some clarification. The gentleman told me that as long as I haven't modified the actual seat in any way ( :rolleyes: ) and I haven't gotten any warning messages about airbags, that it's fine in that seating position.
Basically, they just don't want you adding things to the seat or the restraint that could become a hazard in a crash. I was assuming as much, but just wanted to hear what they had to say about the whole thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC